cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really unfortunate Constnat Contact is not up to date with international charachters

0 Votes

Really unfortunate Constnat Contact is not up to date with international charachters

I sell wine, and often use french / European words /names in the subject line. Lately I've had a few of these Email subject lines be with weird characters, for example instead of Chateauneuf du Pape, I get Châteauneuf-du-Pape, or for the simple word Rosé I instead get Rosé. This is rediculous that they do not have this corrected yet and require me to go find something called a UTF8 which is something I am NOT interested in. The agent offered nothing to me for this dumb issue (making me look ignorant in my emails having to spell things the American incorrect way). I wonder if Mail Chimp has this issue?? I thought Constant contact worked with an international market place.
2 Comments
Occasional Contributor

Also, it definitely looks like spam to any of my recipients servers with characters like this in the subject line.  Really bad.  Also, I do not see how to edit my already posted feedback.  In being annoyed here, I mispelled Constant Contact.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

@SabrinaK203 I apologize that you have been experiencing an issue with your subject lines.  Those characters should be supported.  Do you type the subject line in directly or do you sometimes copy and paste it from another source?  Do you notice it happens in some cases and not others?  Would you be able to provide me specific examples of subject lines you have used in the past that have not displayed correctly so I can do some additional testing?