Removal of Campaign Copy Feature

0 Votes

I had a very bad experience this evening (November 5) with attempting to modify an existing campaign for broadcast tonight.

Normally this activity would take me about 10-15 mins. Instead it took me about 2 hours to find out that the “Copy” feature was removed from the editor. I have a series of campaigns I modify and broadcast weekly. All or a sudden I cannot copy and modify a campaign to give a very short notice to a world-wide audience on an update to a webinar.
I called Constant Contact customer support and waited over an hour for someone to respond. Now I’m being told that I must create a new campaign template of on such a short notice with a branded one. Constant Contact did not do this transition to a new Third Generation Editor properly.
I’m being told that email notifications were sent about a new editor. I received too many email to be able to review all of them. And by the way, did the email notifications mention that the “Copy” feature would go away?
It’s not clear to me why various alternative notification methods were use. For example, since I log in weekly could you have posted on the website “homepage” an important notification that some features would change and or go away and give a date when a feature(s) would no longer be available?
If I was aware of this a week or more ago I could have been prepared instead of getting blind-sided tonight (November 5) and don’t have time to transition to the new editor.
Also, this evening I was told by customer support I would received an email explaining what I need to do and provide guidance on transitioning a legacy campaign. That was over an hour ago.   A. Lucas
1 Comment
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AlanL84 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! You are correct, the copy function has been removed from our Legacy Newsletter Templates. Notifications for this update was sent by email was sent to the contact address on file for accounts. We also previously added a notification on this upcoming change at the top of users' accounts when logged in, along with a pop-up notification when copying a legacy email before the ability was removed. As for transitioning to this updated Email Newsletter, here's an article we have in our Help Center to help with recreating your template in our updated editor.  I can also see the support agent you spoke to did in fact send you a follow-up email for transitioning to the contact email address on file for your account at 8:10p with the subject line "Introducing Constant Contact's 3rd Generation Email Editor." Are you still unable to locate this email?

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More