Some of our customers are experiencing difficulty logging in. We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as we can.

Resend non-opener for campaigns with a/b subject lines

I just became an Email Plus subscriber after having been a Constant Contact customer for nearly 20 years.  I was excited to use the A/B feature which would give me a higher open rate than in the past.  Well done.  Well, after the winner email was sent out, I added some new people to a list and wanted to resend this campaign out just like I have done for the last 20 years.

I was shocked to find out that you cannot choose both the excellent A/B feature and the excellent resend feature.  You have to pick one!

This is really disappointing.  Can you please fix this ASAP?  Thank you!

6 Comments
sylvina
Consulting & Training

I just became an Email Plus subscriber after having been a Constant Contact customer for nearly 20 years.  I was excited to use the A/B feature which would give me a higher open rate than in the past.  Well done.  Well, after the winner email was sent out, I added some new people to a list and wanted to resend this campaign out just like I have done for the last 20 years.

I was shocked to find out that you cannot choose both the excellent A/B feature and the excellent resend feature.  You have to pick one!

sylvina
Consulting & Training

DaveR7

I agree. I stopped using the very worthwhile A/B feature for most of our campaigns for this reason. We still use it for a very few specific test emails that are neither time specific nor require any resend. While the results from these tests are valuable, the A/B feature is definitely not for general mailings.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @sylvina thank you for sharing this feedback with us! What resend capabilities are you looking for on your email campaigns? While there is the option to select "Resend to Non-Openers" the "Resend to" feature is still available as well.

campaigns-tab-list-view-tab-status-sent-more-menu-expanded-resend-to-option-step1234.png

How does this feature not fit your needs?

sylvina
Consulting & Training

The "Resend to Non-Openers" option is not listed when you use the A/B subject line option on a campaign.

sylvina_0-1608277614771.png

DaveR7

Come on Frankie, did you not check the more box for an actual A/B campaign. Your example appears to be a regular campaign, NOT an A/B campaign. Sylvina's example is correct, there is NO resend option for an A/B campaign.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More