cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Savable blocks

Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

33 Comments
Occasional Visitor

When managing email marketing for several locations, it becomes cumbersome to always have to re-enter contact info for each location. It would be nice if contact blocks could be saved with info for each location as a template that could be put into new emails quickly.

Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback. The idea of "saved content" is a great idea for the future!

Visitor
I would like to have the ability to create custom blocks so that I don't have to manually change the details in the blocks each time I use them.
All Star
It would be helpful if we could have a library of sorts of blocks we continually use. Like a logo with contact information that you can throw into a campaign without having to leave the campaign, open another and copy the code.

Thanks for posting this feedback! Can you tell me more about what type of blocks you would like ot be able to save? Are you interested in saving the content or the block design?

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this feedback! Can you tell me more about what types of blocks you would like to be able to add to every email? Is there a specific few you always find yourself needing?

Visitor

I would like to be able to re-use blocks from past emails.  Maybe have a library I can save them to in order to plug them in to my current email. 

Occasional Visitor

I would like to be able to create & save 'personal blocks'. For example, I drag & drop the default 'Content' block into an email. Add some text, links, change the font, color, etc.). Then I would like save it, file it to the left where the default blocks are located.

Thanks for posting this idea!

Occasional Visitor
It would be nice if you could let me setup all of my social networks as you do my website and email. Do it once and it is done.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star

Like specific contact or header blocks that I've already designed. It seems like it would save users time if they had a library of their own customized blocks.

All Star

I often have the same block in multiple newsletters, either because two different audiences want the same info, or because it is an event that gets included a few times.

It would be great to have a tab or button, like the delete, move, copy buttons, that would let me copy a complete block to another newsletter draft instead of rebuilding it. This would also be helpful for creating multiple small variations for testing. 

It would save me so much time. 

I've been using this workaround to copy whole blocks:

1. Select the HTML button of the source block

2. Copy the entire contents

3. Paste the HYML contents to a text editor (both for multiple uses and for safety)

4. Select the HTML button in a block in the target block

5. Paste the HTML for the contents that I want.

This has been working and saves me from always needing to start from scratch.

Visitor
For Constant Contact accounts, when we sign up you ask for a company logo right at the start which is good. I would love for some way to input company color palettes as well. The closest right now is the "Most recent colors" (or whatever it's called) but it would be nice to be able to store various hex values into a corporate palette to keep branding consistent. Just a thought!
Status changed to: Voting Open

Regular Visitor
You need a simple way to copy content from past campaigns to paste into new campaigns. Currently, as near as I can tell, the only way to get content from past campaigns is to make a copy of the campaign and then select and copy the content in the HTML code view for copying into the new campaign. At least, there should be a way to open past campaigns for copying only. Best would be the capability to copy blocks from one campaign to another.