Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments
SethG93
Rookie

I'm glad I'm not alone on this.  It would be a huge time saver to copy from one campaign and paste into another.  It would also be great to be able to save content blocks in a library. Example, I run tires on sale frequently. It would be great to have a Michelin tire block, one for Toyo Tires, etc. where I could drag the entire block into a campaign with images, links and all, instead of rebuilding it every time.

Constant Contact - please make this happen.   For every 1 of us that took the time to post it, there are 1,000 others thinking the same thing!  Cheers

LisaB834
Constant Contact Partner

Yeah, SethG93 for commenting on this topic!! It seems that Constant Contact either is not reading this feed and/or lacks the programming foresight to either see the issue from the customer's perspective or attempt a fix. I think the answer is a fairly simple one - either add the ability for us to access the HTML code for each block so that we can copy and paste ourselves, or create a content library for each account, similar to the images library  and documents library we all have now, so that we can save content blocks there as we do images in the images library and pdf's in the documents library.

ChirstinaD
Campaign Expert

@LisaB834 Love the idea of the "content block library" you mentioned functioning the same way as the image library. Could be as simple as clicking on the content block settings on the right (where you can duplicate it) and have an option to "save to content library" and give it a name. That way it is accessible from any campaign, just like the image library.

LisaB834
Constant Contact Partner

Precisely, ChristinaD. Or, if the programming for that is too challenging, then just add the HTML option into each block's options. It's a little more work, but definitely a lot less than the rebuilding of emails we are doing currently. You could then just hit the HTML key, copy the code, open your new email with a new block, paste the code in and viola, everything appears just as you would like it. Hopefully Constant Contact programmers are reading this ...

KathyH291
Rookie

Did this function ever get built?    I so need this!

TatsuroS
Rookie

I need this as well.  CC, will this be added any time soon?

Yes!!!!  Please make it possible to copy a segment from one campaign email to use in another campaign email without copying the whole email.  We have different audiences that receive similar emails.  It is sooooo time consuming to recreate content on four different emails.  Thank you.

Yes - please add this function!  I often remix blocks from different emails into new campaigns and have to copy and/or rebuild each part of that into a new campaign. I would love it if I could copy and paste certain entire sections including dividing lines, buttons with links etc. directly from one campaign into another.  This would be enormously helpful!

LisaB834
Constant Contact Partner

Thank you SRVAssociations and InstituteofNonProfitLeadership for commenting on my post.  It sounds like your organizations use email communication in a similar way to our Chamber. I just sent an eBlast today that took much longer than it should have to pull together, as I had to have two windows open, cut and paste and input information that had already been designed in previous emails. Very frustrating. Hope Constant Contact is paying attention to this thread. 

JeffP08400
Rookie

I have been asking for this for years...Unfortunately, nothing yet.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More