Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

106 Comments
ChirstinaD
Regular Participant

@LisaB834 Love the idea of the "content block library" you mentioned functioning the same way as the image library. Could be as simple as clicking on the content block settings on the right (where you can duplicate it) and have an option to "save to content library" and give it a name. That way it is accessible from any campaign, just like the image library.

LisaB834

Precisely, ChristinaD. Or, if the programming for that is too challenging, then just add the HTML option into each block's options. It's a little more work, but definitely a lot less than the rebuilding of emails we are doing currently. You could then just hit the HTML key, copy the code, open your new email with a new block, paste the code in and viola, everything appears just as you would like it. Hopefully Constant Contact programmers are reading this ...

KathyH291
Participant

Did this function ever get built?    I so need this!

TatsuroS
Participant

I need this as well.  CC, will this be added any time soon?

SRVAssociations
Participant

Yes!!!!  Please make it possible to copy a segment from one campaign email to use in another campaign email without copying the whole email.  We have different audiences that receive similar emails.  It is sooooo time consuming to recreate content on four different emails.  Thank you.

Yes - please add this function!  I often remix blocks from different emails into new campaigns and have to copy and/or rebuild each part of that into a new campaign. I would love it if I could copy and paste certain entire sections including dividing lines, buttons with links etc. directly from one campaign into another.  This would be enormously helpful!

LisaB834

Thank you SRVAssociations and InstituteofNonProfitLeadership for commenting on my post.  It sounds like your organizations use email communication in a similar way to our Chamber. I just sent an eBlast today that took much longer than it should have to pull together, as I had to have two windows open, cut and paste and input information that had already been designed in previous emails. Very frustrating. Hope Constant Contact is paying attention to this thread. 

JeffP08400
Occasional Participant

I have been asking for this for years...Unfortunately, nothing yet.

BobbiG4
Participant

One more vote for savable blocks that we can just pop into a new email.

I used to do this with HTML but it sounds like that's not an option anymore.

Does anyone know if   allows this?

LanaM64
Occasional Participant

Is anybody else as angry as I am about the lack of ability to copy an entire block from one campaign to another? I am constantly having to re-create blocks or trying to scan through my dozens of prior campaigns to find one that is similar. This is a horrible waste of time!! Ridiculous that this is not available. 

DavidB50
Retail

Not sure if this is the ideal solution, but as a workaround, can't you just copy the email with the desired blocks and purge what you don't want to use?

PamelaB3
Occasional Participant

I am just looking for this type of block to move to each new campaign

JeffP08400
Occasional Participant

This continues to be a sore spot for so many people. Even in Wordpress, you can save things to a template, then import things from the template. I spend so much time recreating content, formatting, etc. that is boilerplate each month. Even if you could save custom blocks then drag those in, that would be helpful. I do not understand why the system before that allowed you to at least copy the html and then bring that in using a bit of a backdoor method was scrapped. I have found that copying content into a Word doc, then copying that and pasting it in keeps much of the formatting. Again, a big waste of time, but might help a bit.

Pro-Art
Participant

let us copy an element form a previous campaign into a new one without having to start over 

LisaB834

Thank you to JeffP08400 for your thoughtful comment on this 'situation'.  As you can see from the rather long string of members commenting, this is a real problem in terms of time wasted recreating already designed blocks. I, like you, use a variety of 'backdoor' cut-and-paste methods as a work-around, but all of these need some redesign by me as much but not all of the formatting moves.  As Pro-Art also commented, you can copy an entire campaign and then tweak it, which I do also utilize.  However, there are always changes/updates being made between similar campaigns, as we are a membership organization and are always updating our event information, i.e. who is participating, updated deadlines, etc...  The solution to me is simple -- return the HTML function for the blocks or get the programmers working on a block storage solution.  

KarlB
Occasional Participant

Is there a way to copy blocks from an old campaign into a new one? I can't seem to figure it out, but surely it must exist. I saw another post that suggested copying an old campaign and customizing from there, but that's not adequate. I need to combine elements from several campaigns. Thanks!

KarlB
Occasional Participant

Never mind, I chatted with support and--despite finding many requests for this feature dating back years--it still doesn't exist. <<disappointed emoji>>

NateD29
Participant

Seriously, how is not a thing? Having to recreate elements from scratch across multiple emails just to have consistency is ridiculous.

NJBA
Participant

Constant Contact has so many issues. Not user friendly at all. Even the most basic ideas such as copy and pasting blocks between campaigns is not possible. It's 2020. Make your service more user friendly or we're moving to another email service.

SusanL71
Participant

Even though I understand why we cannot work in the HTML level with the newer templates, I miss being able to copy whole sections that would include links, pictures, formatting, etc. I can copy a section within a campaign, but not copy from one campaign to another (sigh).

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More