Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments
BobbiG4
Rookie

One more vote for savable blocks that we can just pop into a new email.

I used to do this with HTML but it sounds like that's not an option anymore.

Does anyone know if   allows this?

LanaM64
Rookie

Is anybody else as angry as I am about the lack of ability to copy an entire block from one campaign to another? I am constantly having to re-create blocks or trying to scan through my dozens of prior campaigns to find one that is similar. This is a horrible waste of time!! Ridiculous that this is not available. 

DavidB50
Campaign Collaborator

Not sure if this is the ideal solution, but as a workaround, can't you just copy the email with the desired blocks and purge what you don't want to use?

PamelaB3
Rookie

I am just looking for this type of block to move to each new campaign

JeffP08400
Rookie

This continues to be a sore spot for so many people. Even in Wordpress, you can save things to a template, then import things from the template. I spend so much time recreating content, formatting, etc. that is boilerplate each month. Even if you could save custom blocks then drag those in, that would be helpful. I do not understand why the system before that allowed you to at least copy the html and then bring that in using a bit of a backdoor method was scrapped. I have found that copying content into a Word doc, then copying that and pasting it in keeps much of the formatting. Again, a big waste of time, but might help a bit.

Pro-Art
Rookie

let us copy an element form a previous campaign into a new one without having to start over 

LisaB834
Constant Contact Partner

Thank you to JeffP08400 for your thoughtful comment on this 'situation'.  As you can see from the rather long string of members commenting, this is a real problem in terms of time wasted recreating already designed blocks. I, like you, use a variety of 'backdoor' cut-and-paste methods as a work-around, but all of these need some redesign by me as much but not all of the formatting moves.  As Pro-Art also commented, you can copy an entire campaign and then tweak it, which I do also utilize.  However, there are always changes/updates being made between similar campaigns, as we are a membership organization and are always updating our event information, i.e. who is participating, updated deadlines, etc...  The solution to me is simple -- return the HTML function for the blocks or get the programmers working on a block storage solution.  

DenverAudubon
Rookie

Is there a way to copy blocks from an old campaign into a new one? I can't seem to figure it out, but surely it must exist. I saw another post that suggested copying an old campaign and customizing from there, but that's not adequate. I need to combine elements from several campaigns. Thanks!

DenverAudubon
Rookie

Never mind, I chatted with support and--despite finding many requests for this feature dating back years--it still doesn't exist. <<disappointed emoji>>

Seriously, how is not a thing? Having to recreate elements from scratch across multiple emails just to have consistency is ridiculous.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More