Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments
MarlyG
Rookie

When managing email marketing for several locations, it becomes cumbersome to always have to re-enter contact info for each location. It would be nice if contact blocks could be saved with info for each location as a template that could be put into new emails quickly.

Hannah_M

Thanks for posting this feedback. The idea of "saved content" is a great idea for the future!

ScottH93
Rookie
I would like to have the ability to create custom blocks so that I don't have to manually change the details in the blocks each time I use them.
Ablakley
Marketing Legend
It would be helpful if we could have a library of sorts of blocks we continually use. Like a logo with contact information that you can throw into a campaign without having to leave the campaign, open another and copy the code.
Hannah_M

Thanks for posting this feedback! Can you tell me more about what type of blocks you would like ot be able to save? Are you interested in saving the content or the block design?

Thanks!

RogerL01
Rookie

I would like to be able to re-use blocks from past emails.  Maybe have a library I can save them to in order to plug them in to my current email. 

JamesL032
Rookie

I would like to be able to create & save 'personal blocks'. For example, I drag & drop the default 'Content' block into an email. Add some text, links, change the font, color, etc.). Then I would like save it, file it to the left where the default blocks are located.

AnnW381
Rookie
It would be nice if you could let me setup all of my social networks as you do my website and email. Do it once and it is done.
Ablakley
Marketing Legend

Like specific contact or header blocks that I've already designed. It seems like it would save users time if they had a library of their own customized blocks.

ChildStudyC
Rookie

I often have the same block in multiple newsletters, either because two different audiences want the same info, or because it is an event that gets included a few times.

It would be great to have a tab or button, like the delete, move, copy buttons, that would let me copy a complete block to another newsletter draft instead of rebuilding it. This would also be helpful for creating multiple small variations for testing. 

It would save me so much time. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More