Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments
BrynC6
Marketing Legend

We often send similar content to different audiences in different campaigns. It would be so helpful to be able to copy sections of content from a past campaign to a new one (without losing formatting, links, etc.)

Thanks!

KathyP6981
Campaign Collaborator

I called in but apparently to add a prelinked social media bar to our footer I have to pay $99 which just is not going to happen. Please add a place under my account where we can add all of our social media links and when we drag the social media bar to our emails it prepopulates based on the links we added to the account.

KathyH46
Rookie
I have been playing with the social post addition and for years have used the newsletters. What I would love is to be able to write content and attach photos to said content and save it. Then when I want to do a social post or a newsletter, I could just select the pre-written content and it would be loaded into the newsletter/social feed. I could have multiple things for the newsletters. And may want to repeat some content at a later date and it would be already written. It would also allow me to write the content at my convenience and develop the newsletter at a later date.
SherriS924
Rookie

It would be great to be able to easily copy sections from 3 or 4 already run CCs and paste them into my new CC eliminating the time it takes to totally recreate them.

DMWard
Rookie
Wouldn't it be amazing if I could save certain blocks in my email to pop into another campaign, or to use in a similar campaign dow the line? 

This would be useable in so many cases, but here is the context that brought it to me: 
We have a weekly email we send out, and we list events in it. We frequently have recurring events, though they might not happen every week - so while I start every weekly email with copying last week's, and so I can easily leave the weekly events and just edit them lightly, for the events that happen every few weeks, I need to re-create the block constantly. And this makes me sad! 

How beautiful would it be if I could save a content block and re-use it down the line. Do you see what I'm saying? 
DMWard
Rookie
Wouldn't it be amazing if I could save certain blocks in my email to pop into another campaign, or to use in a similar campaign dow the line? 

This would be useable in so many cases, but here is the context that brought it to me: 
We have a weekly email we send out, and we list events in it. We frequently have recurring events, though they might not happen every week - so while I start every weekly email with copying last week's, and so I can easily leave the weekly events and just edit them lightly, for the events that happen every few weeks, I need to re-create the block constantly. And this makes me sad! 

How beautiful would it be if I could save a content block and re-use it down the line. Do you see what I'm saying?
MichaelM6968
Campaign Collaborator

Could not agree more. I send out similar campaigns to several lists with different timings (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.). It would be great to be able to copy a block from one email to another, or to create blocks as templates to be used where needed.

JamesMcginn
Rookie

Agree 100%!!! Has CC made this happen yet?

MCAANews
Rookie

I frequently need to re-purpose content across multiple campaigns. For example, a meeting promotion goes out. Now I'd like to use that same text, image and link to highlight the meeting in our weekly e-newsletter. Rather than having to copy and select a bunch of stuff, it would be great if I could just select that entire set of information (text, image and link) and add it to the new campaign.

Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

This is a great idea @MCAANews,

I'm opening it up for voting. 

Out of curiosity-- would this be something where you would like to open one draft email and copy a block/layout and move it over?  Or would you rather have the ability to "save" blocks/layouts that you know you're going to use in the future, and have them available when you're creating your email?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More