Select multiple blocks to move at once

I wish there was a way to group objects in emails. I use three dividers in my campaigns to create a cool effect, but when I need to move them I have to individually move them, so if there was a way to group them and move them together that would be cool.

49 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @BFACC 

I can understand how helpful it would be to group or lock sections of your email together to easily edit your design. Where would you look for a feature like this to exist in your email? Would you want it to only apply to only dividers or other blocks as well?

DiscoverELC
Rookie

Has this comment been addressed? I would like to be able to group blocks together.  When I create a unique pattern of images and blocks and want to replicate or move to another section of the email it's difficult to move them each individually.

Frankie_P

Hi @DiscoverELC how does working with our pre-built layout blocks not fit your needs? Or the move icon available when you place your cursor over the layout you want to move?

3ge-coupon-layout-side-menu-move-step12.png

MaxineH09
Rookie

Frankie, I think that if there are several group blocks together, and you want to move them ALL, there has to be a better way to select them, rather than doing 1 by 1. 

Its easy to move one block sure, but if you have 3 or 4 or more with dividers, images, and several blocks all part of one news blast, with several news blasts in one entire email that goes out, it has to be easier. Just saying its easy to move a block, isn't helpful. 

For example, we have a news blast that has several articles. In each article, we have several blocks with videos or English/Spanish/Portuguese translations. IF I want to move one article to a different location (because this month's might have one article that is outdated or the date changes) then I have to move EACH block in that article, one by one to the new location, that takes time. Adding a check box to group them all to move together, shouldn't be hard to do. 

So, I'm assuming from this thread that there is no way to move multiple blocks at once. That is very frustrating and hopefully something that gets added in future updates, sooner than later.

MaddieJones
Rookie

Being able to "group" multiple blocks together and move them would be extremely helpful.  For example, in my newsletter I have a Community service section made of multiple events.  Each event is its own block so that it can have a description and a picture.  But if I wanted to move the whole Community Service section I would have to move each block at a time.  If I could group blocks together like on Microsoft Publisher I could just grab the grouped section and move it all at once.  I really hope constant contact makes this adjustment as it is obviously affecting its customer base. 

I would like to know how to do this as well.

When I lay out my newsletter, I may have to move a piece up or down to make the newsletter flow better. For example, I have one content piece that contains text & a centred button & then more text (thus 3 blocks). To move them, I have to move them separately to the new location. i haven't found a way to choose the 3 blocks and move them together within my newsletter.

Just adding my voice of support here. I create a weekly newsletter and sometimes shift around content from the previous week in order to freshen up the look. Moving one block at a time is painful. 

wrwhisler
Rookie

This feature would also be extremely helpful for me. I sometimes need to move full sections around with each made of 6-10 blocks. Moving the blocks one by one is tedious. 

Sued37
Campaign Contributor

Just adding our voice to this thread. The ability to group and move multiple blocks at once is more like a necessity than a luxury. Having to move each individual element separately, as is the case now, is extremely frustrating.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More