Select multiple blocks to move at once

I wish there was a way to group objects in emails. I use three dividers in my campaigns to create a cool effect, but when I need to move them I have to individually move them, so if there was a way to group them and move them together that would be cool.

49 Comments
KenL885
Rookie

Chiming in to add support to this thread! I'm a new Constant Contact user, working on a monthly newsletter, and so far it is extremely tedious and time-consuming to have to move one block at a time. This seems like a fairly basic feature and I hope we'll see it implemented soon.

ErikaV592
Rookie

Is this a feature that will be added soon @constantcontact?

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @ErikaV592. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. We do not have any updates to share regarding this feature request. If we do, we will post them here. 

MaxineH09
Rookie

CAitlin, 

As good as Constant Contact is, it is sorely lacking in usability. 

The lack of grouping multiple blocks to move them en masse is frustrating. Stating "Its easy to move a block" is short sidedness and a slap in the face to many that would love this feature. Also, the ability to edit the "Thank you" note (I know another discussion) would be helpful. Sure, it can be done by creating a landing page, but many don't want a seperate landing page one has to go to, rather than just have the ability inline in our own pages. 

Cinnaire
Rookie

I agree. At my  company, we are constantly reprioritizing stories and I have have to select and drag multiple boxes around--sometimes 2 or 3 stories, each with a divider, image, headline, text and button. It would be great if we could "Link" or "Group" the elements in each story box, like I can do in Powerpoint, Canva, Photoshop...

I love Constant Contact, and this is the only feature that really frustrates me. 

HouseofF
Rookie

Grouping blocks together would be a tremendous feature. We also sometimes use the same content but shift its location and moving each block one by one is, as another user stated, tedious. 

LibbyH5
Rookie

Yes. please.

mackcycle
Rookie

Looking for this feature as well. This would save me A LOT of time and frustration in my email building process. 

ArtInfoM
Rookie

Still no solution from Constant Contact for what seems like an obviously useful layout design tool…  Constant Disappointment!

SaraF35
Rookie

This is function we would REALLY like to see added. Please let us know when this is added. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More