Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Set margins and page breaks for PDFs

I would like to be able to adjust the margins before downloading my ecampaign as a pdf.

74 Comments
JoanD15
Rookie

Hello, 

I would like to get more information on this. We are having a similar issue. We send out our newsletter via Constant Contact and we also post the PDF file on our webpage. How can we set up the newsletter so that the PDF format breaks nicely into a 8.5x11 PDF?

Frankie_P

Hi @JoanD15 are you able to move the break through decreasing your PDF scale?

JoanD15
Rookie

@Frankie_P trying to play with PDF scale is tedious and its not giving a clear break on each page. Is there a way to set this up before creating the newsletter?

Frankie_P

Hi @JoanD15 I apologize this workaround is not the answer you were looking for! Though we recognize it is not a solution to this feature request, it is something we suggest in the meantime. Being able to set where page breaks are on when downloading a campaign as a PDF where before or after the newsletter is sent is not available outside of the PDF scale previously mentioned. We are however continuing to collect feedback on this request through this thread. The more users who also request this feature, the higher a priority it will receive.

TiffanyW581
Campaign Contributor

Does anyone even take these suggestions seriously?  I see so many worthy suggestions and people getting excited to think they are being heard and no follow through. 

This would be a very useful upgrade for many people.  I too need a way to print a professional looking hard copy that does not cut off in the middle of a page.  There has to be a way to adjust page breaks for printing.  Had I known that I would have to create two Newsletters in two different programs we may have not chosen Constant Contact for our email Newsletter - instead of saving time and work it has done the exact opposite! 

It is very apparent that many people are in transition and it is not unreasonable to request a way to have a printable version of a newsletter as an option.  I know this would be a very appreciated feature by so many now and many to come.  

Shewill4u
Rookie

We still cannot print a copy of a campaign in PDF format that looks decent. Why hasn't this feature been improved?

COFS
Rookie

I am also struggling with printing copies of the newsletter. Help! My pastor is old fashion and wants to shift to using publisher, and I want to continue to use Constant Contact. But I need to print a quality document to mail to the members of the congregation who don't have emails.

WawaseeBoat
Rookie

I would like to see a "page break" icon along with the spacer or divider icons in the building section.  It would work similar in that you drag it into the letter  but when viewed by a recipient on a computer or mobile device, they would see nothing different  but if they printed the newsletter, the pages would print starting a new page each time it came to the previously inserted page break.  We like to think our newsletters are informative to our customers and that they often may want to print them and it would be nice if the page breaks were not so "random" based on the amount of text on a page.  Obviously you could not force more text and photos on a page than would fit but it would allow me to create a letter that, when printed, would keep paragraphs together and would be easier to read when printed.  Somewhat like a book that starts a new chapter on the next page and not in the middle of one.  I think it would just look cleaner.  Obviously if the document is never printed by an end reader, they would not even be aware that the page breaks exist but to someone that prints it, I think it would be much more enjoyable to them.

Thanks for your consideration of this idea.

SokolSF
Rookie
It would be nice to see while creating an email campaign how will the pages divide (beginning and end of page) when the email is printed. We have aging membership so we need to print a few hard copies every time and the printing has been horrible. Pictures cut in half, the background margins are huge and the text tiny etc... Thank you for considering!
SCMC1832
Rookie

Thank you for suggesting this!  We are going to have to start printing some of our e-mail campaigns and this feature would be very helpful!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More