Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Show hex value in Recent Colors

USABILITY ISSUE

I created a color for a font.  Then could not apply it elsewhere (by a brush icon and click).  When I tapped on the color, it did not show me the code.  I HAD NO CODE REFERENCE TO BE ABLE TO USE IT ELSEWHERE.  I had to go back into Advanced ... and move the colors to approximate the same color (could not get exact) and then write down the code so I could RE-ENTER it for other purposes.  VERY LABOR INTENSIVE.

7 Comments
GVGardeners
Campaign Expert

Hello, I would like to suggest that you enhance your product so that it will provide an ID# with each font color box.  It is almost impossible to disquinquish between very similar colors when one is attempting to match font's in another portion of the document.  For example, blacks and dark blues are very hard to distinquish.

I realize that one can go to "more colors" see an font code but it is not clear if that font code is for the spectrum of the font one is actually using.  

Hope this makes sense, this needs to be improved.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @GVGardeners. I can see how it would be useful and more intuitive to see the hex code on the color picker without having to show "More Colors". I'll open the idea up for voting. 

GVGardeners
Campaign Expert

It is extremely difficult to discern differences in the color of similar hues. So having an ability to just make sure the font your using matches the others in your document with a number would be a wonderful enhancement.

KatelynH1
Brand Influencer

This is one of my pain points each time I build an email. 

Thank you.

Frankie_P

Hi @JennaW87

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We can understand how important it is to easily insert the desired colors in your email campaign. With that said, while the hex color is not readily available in the basic tab of colors in the design tab of an email campaign it is under the advanced tab. Users do have the option to copy and paste a specific color code there. In fact you can  using set a universal text color for all blocks under this tab as well. Does this help fit your needs?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

CynthiaM0102
Campaign Contributor

Other builders I've used let me see/edit the hex code as I'm working with it. I would love to see this feature.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More