Better confirmation that a test email was sent

Please let the success message for the test send remain until I dismiss it. I often am working in many windows and I look away for a sec then I can't remember if I sent the test!

Also please bring back the check box list of emails already in the system, why make me type out the different emails each time?

Thanks.

20 Comments
ContEd6483
Rookie

Hi there, 

Would like to request a feature. When sending a test email to our office, only 5 emails can be included at one time. Is there a way for a confirmation email to be set up so I can track if I've sent a test copy out? Is this an option already? If not an email, maybe under reporting?

Thanks!

Curtis_P
Employee

Hello @ContEd6483,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a perfect section for this called "Feedback and Ideas" where other users can vote on your idea and share their feedback as well. I have gone ahead and moved your topic there so that you can start getting votes right away!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Sierra2Center ,

I just want to make sure I completely understand what the features that you are looking for are. When you say the check box list of email where did you see this in your account previously. 

As for your first idea so would you prefer to keep it there and have an x on the right of the message so you can choose to close it?

Sierra2Center
Campaign Collaborator

Thanks Candace_M,

Yes, having a manual "x" to close the test success message would be preferred to having it simply disappear- even better a list of test sends and revisions dates would be cool.

Around 6-12 months ago when I would sent a test email to my colleagues, I would see a checklist of email addresses within the system as part of the "Send a Test Email" dialog box. I'd simply check which person to send it to, hit send, and I'm done. Now I have to manually type in the email addresses that I want to test send to.

Thanks.

TheFundforPeopleinParks
Campaign Expert

Agreed on autopopulating the test message recipients from previous ones, as well as more definitively marking when a test message has been sent (and to who).

shanetbarclay
Campaign Collaborator
After clicking "Send Test" of an email draft, a message briefly appears that says "Success" and that the email draft was sent. It disappears very quickly though, and I am often unsure if it was sent or not because I look away or click to another screen right away. I recommend keeping it there until the window closes. This will prevent me from sending to someone else twice, as I have done a few times.
SylviaW57
Rookie

When I send a test email, a green notice shows up above the recipients list on your site for about 5 seconds saying that my test has been sent. But it disappears quickly.  So if I miss the notice, I don't know if it actually was sent.  Can you leave that notice up longer, please? 

Perhaps it could even say something like "Test sent at 11:43 am" or something like that . . . until you send the next test.

Thank you very much for your consideration

DavidK5023
Brand Visionary

Agree 100%

Or perhaps CC can have the green window show/reveal next to the "Send" button ....

OR put the Send button at the top of the page next to the area where the Preview Sent - or what ever it says ...because 90% of the time all I see is a part of the green box as I scroll up to try and glimpse it. ...... or I listen to a different computer I have which dings when email arrives - If I hear the ding I presume it was the preview.  I have a mac and a windows laptop so I can check formatting on both machines because suprise suprise... its different and sometimes when the HTML code is not quite right coloured text is revealed as black on a mac even though it appears ok in the CC platform editing and preview pages and is OK on a windows machine and an android phone ... but there is a problem on an iOS machine.  Ditto for the specific font and the font details such as incline or bold. This issue is especially a problem in tables when I change the colour of the text  - it looks like its correct but actually it is not on an iOS machine

KathyP8
Campaign Contributor

I would also like the verification that a TEST was sent. The green "sent" bar disappears too fast!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More