Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Thumbnail image of newsletter

0 Votes
Hi! I love Constant Contact! I find that I often want a thumbnail image of the first page of my newsletter to post on Facebook, on my website, etc. Its time consuming to do this on my own and I end up with a so-so image. I usually end up creating a jpg of the campaign and then using snipping software to just grab an image of the first page. I wish your software had a way to do this for me. Thanks! Kathleen
13 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @Kfahey how does our print/download feature not fit your needs to download a thumbnail image of your newsletter?

Kfahey
Campaign Contributor

Hi Frankie,

I can't find any way to create a thumbnail of the first page of the newsletter with the print/download feature.  Having a thumbnail or image of the first page would be great to post as a picture on Facebook to say "hey our newsletter is out! Click on the link below to view."

If I missed it, please let me know. As far as I can tell, I can only create an image of the entire newsletter, which is several pages long. This translates to an image that is very long and skinny, not at all useful for posting as a picture on Facebook or my website. 

Frankie_P

Hi @Kfahey have you tried adjusting the scale on this print/download page so this first page thumbnail fits on a single page? Once you do this you can click the print icon, set your "Destination" as "Save as PDF" in the drop-down, and click save.

3ge-email-print-preview-settings-print-step5.png

Does this work for you?

Kfahey
Campaign Contributor

Hi Frankie,

Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't work either. My newsletter is several pages long, so even if I adjust the scale down to 50% (the lowest it will go) the image created is still long and skinny and at least 2 pages long. 

Would love to be able to create an image or thumbnail capturing just the first page!

Thanks for your help,

Kathleen 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @Kfahey Thanks for trying this workaround and providing further details! We have opened this idea up so other users can weigh in as well.

BarbaraG290
Rookie

I would love to automatically display a thumbnail (or any image) of our campaign on our WordPress.org website, which is what ElaineM (above) was trying to do, I think. The embeddable code is great, but only displays as a list. Is there currently a way to access and/or show the thumbnail of the campaign? Thanks!

Frankie_P

Hi @BarbaraG290 this thread is focused on including a thumbnail of an email as the image option through social share. How does downloading the image version of your campaign not fit your needs?

LeahN47
Rookie

A huge set back that you cannot hyperlink any text to a link when posting on social media via constant contact. It makes this entire section of constant contact useless.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @LeahN47 are you looking to hyperlink text from the body of your social post or a link within the email that is being shared? What are some cases where you would want to add a link into your text?

LeahN47
Rookie

None of this is email related. I've tried sharing the link of an already created and sent campaign, but this won't work as it doesn't show the original campaign, it just picks a thumbnail or stock image to display as the post. So we then are having to save the campaign as a PDF so we can then post it to social media to display correctly. 

There are 2 issues with this. 

1: We have to save the campaign as a PDF and then post it to social media to display correctly.

2: Because we are having to save the campaign as a PDF and then post to social media, we have to hyperlink the image or text in the post to go to the website to view more details on the post. Versus being able to share the original campaign and the end user click on the already hyperlinked sections in the campaign. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More