Permanent removal from trash

Please consider adding as empty trash feature. Fully understand there is no limit but completely deleting campaigns works better. Especially if multiple users use same account. Thank you

56 Comments
FrankT226
Rookie
How do we empty the trash?
NancyG98
Rookie

yes, PLEASE add the Empty Trash Feature. You can add three {are you sure's} to make sure the user means it. At the end of the day we're all adults and with adulthood comes personal responsibility. While I appreciate CC's heart to allow users to change their minds, at the end of the day it's the responsiblity of the user to be responsible in what is kept and what is trashed. We now have multiple users in the same account and there's a LOT of clutter. Love CC - this is really the only part I dislike - thank you so much!

PonteVecchio
Marketing Legend
have emails from 2008 why can't we delete old old old emails
CommunityFuturesEastKooten
Campaign Collaborator
I would like to be able to delete emails that were never used. It's not a bad plan to keep them for a short time in case they were deleted in error, but please remove them at some time, perhaps after 6 months at the maximum.
Liz_M
Employee
Status changed to: New

The main reason we've allowed deleted emails to remain in the trash is so that they can be restored if they are deleted accidentally. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your views and feedback. I will pass this request along.

WandaR05112
Rookie

There's really no way to permanently delete a capaign that I tried to delete? This is the most asinine thing I've ever encountered.

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

RobertP6
Rookie
Might someone tell me how I can permanently delete campaigns/messages? They're kind of irritating me just sitting in that delete box.
MelvinMark
Rookie

This seems to be a very basic yet valuable user need. (As evidenced by this thread, amungst many others.)

I can't mention how may times I've had to come up with silly name iterations for campaigns because the name I needed was used for a campaign I had to trash.

I highly doubt the CC dev team would have any problem implimenting a delete feature. What's the hold-up? Is this something we should expect in future updates, or has CC decided it's just not in the cards?

Squantum
Campaign Contributor
I would like to completely remove the deleted campaigns, but I could not find an option to do that. I only see the RESTORE option.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More