Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Permanent removal from trash

Please consider adding as empty trash feature. Fully understand there is no limit but completely deleting campaigns works better. Especially if multiple users use same account. Thank you

57 Comments
JerryFaught
Rookie

Still waiting for the ability to empty my trash...  sigh...

TCDP
Rookie

I can't create a new campaign with the same name as a deleted campaign because deleted campaigns are actually deleted.

LizN561
Campaign Contributor

Please add an empty trash feature ASAP!

Being a community (not a Business) 1.) When I delete a campaign, I expect it to be removed or I should be able to remove them permanently from the deleted folder. 2.) I deleted a campaign and tried to recreate it, it told me that name was already used. If I delete a campaign, I should be able to assign that name to a new campaign. (I understand that, if I don't delete it, I can not reuse that name) any thoughts?
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @Champions-Club-Community-Association,

Thank you for this feedback, I completely understand. At this time, emptying the trash or permanently deleting a campaign is not an option, and therefore the name of the campaign will also still be recognized as being used. I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the voting on requesting this to be allowed.

I am John Sgro from Champions' Club Community Association.  We are a community (not a business).

I would like to request that you consider a couple of items to do with Campaigns.

1.) We have no way of permanently deleting Campaigns and after we delete a campaign, we can not use that name again.  I notice several people have requested being able to delete and reuse names before.(some from 2016 up to my request today)

2.) When we archive a campaign it is not removed from our current list. We send about 30-40 e-mails a month on average.  Our list will get very big.  I would like to see when we archive campaigns they are removed from the current list.

3.) I have created templates (drafts with (COPY ONLY) in the title.  It would be great if these could be under another type (like e-mail, automated e-mail, Templates)  This would help our users access them easier.

If you want to discuss these items, e-mail me and I will arrange a conference call.

John Sgro

Champions' Club

CodyM2
Rookie

it's 2018 and still no way to do this simple feature

dmTangoSalsa
Rookie
Currently, there are 109 previous messages in the Deleted Folder and there is no way to get rid of them. They are just taking up memory. Please make it possible so that when I delete a message that it actually goes away.
Otter56
Brand Visionary

A quick search on how to permanently delete campaigns shows me that people have been asking the same question for years. I did not dig to much, but saw that it at least dates back to 2012. Seriously Constant Contact?!?!? You cannot add this simple feature that would make a lot of customers happy? I have no need to restore a campaign from 2014, nor do I need to have a staff member accidentally resend it because they are not as well versed with constant contact.

GailE59
Rookie
These items have been 'deleted' but can be restored. i practiced therefore there are 30 deleted campaigns WHY can there be a method to permanently delete these?
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More