ability to add a forward to friend in emails

ability to add a forward to friend in emails

I created an email using card/announcement and when I tried to add "forward to a friend", "join my mailing list" and permission reminder" I was not able. I would like to have the ability to use these functions in future emails that I create.

Top Answer
Matt_B.
CTCT Employee

Hey all,

I wanted to chime in on this thread regarding the lack of Forward to a Friend in the third-generation editor. The simplest answer is that due to lack of usage in our previous editor (both our users inserting this link, and recipients using this link) we decided not to implement the feature. We also wanted to solve for cases where this feature was used as a workaround (such as getting around possible display issues), with other features or improvements to the editor. We want to focus on the latest and greatest features that will bring as much value as possible to our users. While I can understand that some users found this feature valuable, our plan is not to rebuild the second-generation editor, but rather to learn from its mistakes/successes to create a new, best-in-class editor.

To address some of the concerns around the lack of this feature:

1. Display concerns: some folks like the peace of mind knowing that users can see a “clean-copy” of their email. As a work-around for this, I would recommend including a “View as Webpage” link. This will link to the web version of your email without any potential display issues, and it will not have any personal information of the original recipient.
  2. Referrals and new signups: we recommend including a link to a lead generation landing page within emails that you’re hoping will be referred along. If you wish to have your contacts share your email on their social media pages, you can include a Social Share bar in your email that allows your contacts to easily make this happen. 

267 Comments
Visitor

I never used it in the past but suddenly found a great need for it.  Very disappointing to find it no longer there.  One more vote to put it back.  Can't be that hard.

Visitor

This is such an important feature. Why they would remove it on newer versions is beyond me! Please bring it back!!

Frequent Visitor

The problem is that when people forward the email through their email the newsletter is completely messed up, and you say there is no way to fix that when it leaves constant contact servers. The forward to a friend is a good suggestion to the reader and should be able to send from the server and arrive in better condition. I am very frustrated. 

Please notify my account if it becomes available as well.

Occasional Contributor

Our company also needs the "forward email" feature back. We are now forced to use Outlook to manually forward the emails and have even begun looking at other vendors who have the option to share the email via email and social account. This is a basic function that should not be based on click rate (e.g. I use Siri and my car's Bluetooth to make phone calls, that doesn't mean I no longer need a touch keypad on my mobile phone).

Occasional Participant

It would be helpful to have this feature, which appears to be available under legacy accounts but not newer ones.

CTCT Employee

Hi @RhondaH443 

Thank you for reaching out to the community! That's a great question. Though the forward to a friend feature is only available in the legacy editor, you can still use the forward to a friend feature to send your emails to friends whether they use the newer editor or not. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Occasional Participant

What I was hoping to do was have the forward feature lead to a sign up list here on Constant Contact.

ETA, A friend who had it on her Legacy account, said everything has changed, and not for the better. I guess she was forced to upgrade to the newer system.

Hi. The forward to a friend feature is not simply a useful feature but a very necessary one for email marketing. Is there a planned date to make it available? 

Consulting & Training
Please add again the forward to friend option like mailchimp.

Hi @KathyCaseyatBethel 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this feature. I apologize this feature is not available. With that being said, we are still collecting feedback on this and have submitted it in your account in the meantime.

Occasional Visitor

I am on a trial CC right now coming from  and JUST tried to find the forward to a friend option as we used that with MC.   Add me to the frustrated list

We would like to see this feature added, too. Any progress on this front?

CTCT Employee

Thank you for letting us know that you're also interested in that feature @TomD55 . While we don't have an update on this request, I've notated your feedback as well! Have a wonderful day. 

Occasional Participant

I've had a few requests from our guests for a button to forward the newsletters. I am sure there used to be one a few years ago? I can't find it now? I'd love to add it if possible. Thanks!

Consulting & Training

Does anyone know if you can add the HTML coding that will enable the forward to a friend feature within an email without having to do the entire email in HTML coding? Or if anyone has any suggestions on what else might work?

CTCT Employee

Hey @RhondaH443,

Thank you for reaching out to us! That is a wonderful idea, I can understand why this would be very valuable in the new editor for you. I apologize that it is just a feature request at the moment, but ill pass your feedback over to the developer team! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Occasional Contributor

I agree!!!  And I'm ready to go back and use my legacy templates because there's so many features that are missing in the new templates.

No HTML feature - I used this EVERY DAY so I didn't have to create certain banners from scratch each time.
No Forward to a Friend - Why not?! 

No Web Link - I can't see any way to create "View as web page" which was very useful for sharing on social

No UNSEND.  In the legacy template, if we hit send and then realized we forgot something, we could un-send within a few seconds and edit.  Now we can't.

I can't figure out why, when the coding for these features already EXISTS, that they're not included in the new templates.  

Visitor

I just learnt that a forwarded e-mail can be unsubscribed and in essence unsubscribe the person originally on the e-mail list. Then there is process which is not easy to get re-subscribed. My question is why was I not told about this issue , as I am sure I have lost numerous customers due to this issue? Why was this problem not explained to me earlier, as I am sure in was a known problem????

I cant believe Constant Contact hasn't come up with this yet!!!??? Need this for special email offers! Any suggestions on another Email Blast company that does have this feature?