need to use personalization fields in "To" field

0 Votes

Would like to be able to insert the subscriber's first and last name in the "to" field so their name can be placed with their email address. This can't be that hard, most of the ESPs offer this, notably has been doing it for a long time. I can't imagine why you didn't see that as an important option to offer.

4 Comments
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @JulieL34 does personalizing your subject line with a contact’s name not fit your needs on this?

Super Participant

No, it doesn't. For a couple reasons. One: I have read and heard from many people that more weight is given to email messages that have the addressee's name in the To field, not just their email address. But no way is provided that I can see to add it into the To field. Second: I personally find it a little creepy (or at least annoying) when marketing emailers insert my name in the subject line, as if they think this will make me believe that they know me.

definitely offers this feature, right when you're setting up the email it asks you if you want to personalize the "to" field (and offers several ways to do it). I don't know why they offer it but i bet that's based on similar research to what I've read. They put it right in front of you--you can skip; over it if you're not interested, but it's right there reminding you to think about it.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @JulieL34 thank you for following up with these details! I have opened up your idea on this so other users can weigh in as well.

Super Participant

I understand you guys don't want to mention your competitors in your "community"--but you could at least put something in place of the company name when you delete it, like xxxx or ____.

That way people know you have done it and it's not an error made by the community member.

But thanks for opening up the idea anyway. I'm interested to know what research anyone is aware of in terms of the impact on delivery, of including a name along with the email address in the "to" field.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More