Insert "Add to Calendar" link into email

Two ideas : 1. Allow event announcements to be added to my calendar to be posted on web site. 2. My calendar should help us capture contact info. If someone views my calendar have a pop-up that asks if their information can be added to the contact list. No one wants to go to another form to complete anymore. As you know, sites are using google or facebook log-on button so you do not have to type info. Typing info over and over again is passe

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize this feature is not yet available!

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we are continuing to collect feedback and requests on this feature through this thread. The more requests an idea receives the higher a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also reach back put to this thread when we have any further updates.

75 Comments
NikkiH
Rookie

I would like to send out my monthly e-mail with dates in it that people can click and have added directly to there outlook or g-mail calendars just like the meeting invitations I sometimes get or the appointment messages that I receive. Does anyone know how to do this?

Jarrad_M
Marketing Legend

Hi,

You can easily use an "Add to Calendar" link if you use our Event Marketing product for invitations to your meeting. This appears on your Event Invite and on the Homepage.

This is not something that is built into the Email Marketing product. What may work is if you offer a .ics file for download. You would need to host the .ics file somewhere on the web using your own website or a free hosting site like Mediafire.

I'll submit feedback on your behalf to see if this is something we could add to Email Marketing in the future.

Thanks,

KevinD961
Rookie

Has this feature been added to emails?  This would be a great feature to have!

Andrew_H
Employee

Hello Kevin,

Unfortunately this feature is not a available for the Email Product, but this is a great idea and I have submitted this feedback to our engineers on your behalf.

Thank you for the great feedback!

LindaP13
Rookie

Has this been added yet as a feature for emails, not just events??

edwardc26
Rookie

HOPING THIS WILL BE ADDED SOON!

I have to go through a whole mess of work to get the add to google calandar and add to outlook calandar

this would greatly increase the ammount of people that go to the events

MosheGluck
Rookie

Till they put it in, can you tell me the step you took to get an "Add to claendar" link/image?

Troy_S
Employee

Avrohom N. P-454417801,

Thank you for your question.

At this time, this feature has not been added to our Email Marketing product.  However, you can use the process below to create a link to an item on your email program's calendar and share the link so that others can save the item to their own calendars.

To share a link to your calendar item:

1)  Save the calendar item as an ICS file:

• Google Calendar
  • iCal
  • Outlook
  • Lotus Notes

2)  Host the ICS file on your website or use a third-party file hosting service.

3)  Copy the URL to your calendar item from your website or hosting service.

4)  Add the link into your Email (as you would a webpage or blog).  Visit for more information on adding the link.

I hope this helps!  If you have any additional questions, or if you just need some help, please feel free to respond to this message with the details, or call our Support Team directly at (866) 289-2101. Our hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-11pm ET, Friday 7am-9pm ET,  Saturday & Sunday 10am-8pm ET.

ShaareEmeth
Marketing Legend

I would be SO great if you could integrate AddThisEvent into emails. This way, readers could read about an event, click a link, and the event would automatically be added to their Outlook or Gmail or whatever calendar.

http://addthisevent.com/

I would think this could be done similarly to how social media links are inserted.

P.S. I apologize for posting in the "community ideas and suggestions" forum;" I couldn't find an "email marketing ideas and suggestions" forum.

DaveVanSickle
Marketing Legend

We are all looking for the ability to insert a "link" (like we can for anchor, website, or e-mail address) to a  vcf file so thatwhen a user clicks the link it opens a calendar appt file and allows you to saves it to Outlook or an ics file so it can be used in other calendars like google.

Just like we upload images to be used in our e-mail marketing, we would like the ability to create a vcf or ics file (via a cool constant contact page...that would save the vcf or ics file to a location - just like we have for "documents" and "images" - call it "Calendar Links"). Then we could choose to link and insert it into our e-mail marketing. This functionality would be like using the e-mail link and clicking on the advanced e-mail features.

I would see myself going to a "Create a Calendar Link" page in Constant Contact where I would be asked:

Headline:
Description:

Location*:

Organizer: (these could populate from CC)

Organizer E-Mail:(these could populate from CC)

Time Zone: (these could populate from CC)

Start Date/Time:

End Date/Time:

* would be super cool if this location could link to google maps...

Clicking on a submit or generate button would add a set of buttons into the e-mail that when a user clicked one of them would create a calendar events in the receivers calendar of choice. The buttons could be in a row like this

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

|    Outlook    |    Hotmail    |    iCal    |    Yahoo    |    Google    | 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More