Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Insert "Add to Calendar" link into email

Two ideas : 1. Allow event announcements to be added to my calendar to be posted on web site. 2. My calendar should help us capture contact info. If someone views my calendar have a pop-up that asks if their information can be added to the contact list. No one wants to go to another form to complete anymore. As you know, sites are using google or facebook log-on button so you do not have to type info. Typing info over and over again is passe

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize this feature is not yet available!

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we are continuing to collect feedback and requests on this feature through this thread. The more requests an idea receives the higher a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also reach back put to this thread when we have any further updates.

75 Comments
ScottR46764
Marketing Expert

Been waiting for CC to add an .ics attachment option for a couple of years. Must be tricky?

I would also like to be able to include this in a standard campaign without having to use the Events page, which, to me, is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks!

DowntownA5
Rookie

We use a service called Geocentric for our website, and that's where we keep our event calendar. We send out a weekly email with our events, and some of our subscribers have requested an "Add to iCal/ Google Calendar" option. 

I've only been able to find solutions for this if people are managing their calendar with Constant Contact. Is there a way to create an "Add to [whatever calendar" option without importing the event to Constant Contact? It would be way too confusing and redundant to use CC to manage our events.

BonnieW51
Rookie

This should be a no brainer.

Please add this function soon.

We don't want to send our conference line number to all invites, only those who plan to attend.

Would also be helpful to know who will attend and get the meeting on their calendars.

Big disappointment for a email marketing company that has been around so long and is constantly adding new resources.

This really should be high on the priority list.

Thanks.

We need this. 

LauraF366
Campaign Collaborator

Hi,

Has a solution been implemented? Now that all of our events are on zoom (June of 2020), we need our members to be able to add events to their calendars set reminders.

Thank you!

kmcmunn
Rookie

Hello!

I want a button to Add to Calendar in a standard email campaign. Our organization does not need an event page with a registration form as the event platform we use already does this for us. We do not need to upgrade to Plus with the RSVP option because our event platform already does this. We just need the ability to Add to Calendar without creating an event landing page OR having to create an ics URL from Outlook (prohibited by the security protocols of many organizations, including ours).

Thank you.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @kmcmunn  are you looking to include a stand alone add to calendar link? How does the "add to calendar" on the Thank You page for a RSVP block not fit your needs?

kmcmunn
Rookie

Hi! We do not need to track the number of attendees through your services because our event platform, GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar does that for us so upgrading to a Plus account for the RSVP function is not a value for us. The ability to add a stand-alone add to calendar link would be.

Thank you!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: New

Hi @kmcmunn thanks for clarifying this request for us! We have merged your idea into a similar thread.

LauraL0303
Brand Visionary

I had to save a calendar file, and host it onto a separate location just to direct link into my newsletter. I would be nice if you guys hosted the file extension. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More