Add Additional Criteria for Segments

We should be able to have more than one criteria of each type to create a segment (i.e. I should be able to create a segment that targets people who meet BOTH of these criteria: were sent any of the last 5 campaigns AND Opened one of the last 10 campaigns.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

We’re updating the status of this idea to Under Consideration while we look into adding NOT and IS BLANK operators into segment creation. This would allow for more flexible uses of segments. There will be other criteria considered, so we still encourage everyone to share their desired segment use cases below in the comments. We will keep this thread updated with progress, it will likely still take some time before we’re able to fully tackle this one.

59 Comments
TachinaR
Rookie
It's a great feature. Thank you! to make it more useful, I'd like to request a couple of actions: 1. to be able to export the list 2. to be able to create a List from the group so that I can easily email them all. 3. to be able to click on their name under the segmentation list and easily access their contact information, year they joined, notes etc for ease. Thanks
Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

@TachinaR Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you like the feature and find it useful. As for your questions you are able to export the segmented list as well as create a list from the segment. If you click on the three dots to the right of your segment it will bring up an option menu with a number of different options for you and adding to a list and export are both options. This is a knowledge base article that shows you how to add a defined list segment to a contact list. As for your third question about being able to click on a contact record from within the segment I understand how this would be useful and will bring this idea up to the product owners.

COS55331
Rookie
I wish to create a segment it could be by street name. It only breaks down with city, state, zip and country.
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @COS55331, thanks for your feedback! 

With how the contacts information is stored in your account, the street address would also include the unique house number and then the street name. Are you keeping the street names in a separate custom field or are you wanting segments to be able to pull the street name from the Street Address?

Thanks!

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hey @CarlyleM9, thanks for your feedback! Being able to add an additional criteria would be very useful. I've opened this request for voting! 

Thanks!

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
That 3rd point about being able to click on their name to expand for further info, I find the current way to do this very frustrating. Way back when I started using CC (maybe it was 1st gen?), when you pulled up lists of contacts or lists of people who clicked on a link, you could see mutiple columns of their data without clicking into each individual record as you ahve to do now. And in some cases there were two views that provided different data so you could really see a lot of data for multiple contacts on one screen. And further, you could print it out if you wanted to save it for reference. With today's version of CC you can do neither. Even with the meager information supplied in the lists now, you can't print it out because no one has bothered to develop print styles that work for your website, or at least not for that part of it. The only way you can print a list is to keep shrinking it til it fits on one page, because only one page shows content when you print.
Chris_L
Employee

@rcppubs23 Thank you for the feedback about the ability to see more contact field data without the need to click into the record and how useful it would be to have a better option to print the information.  I can see how this would be useful.  The team is always looking for this type of feedback to give the users a better experience so please continue to provide it.

Hi CC: Your Contact Segments feature needs an "Activity" if this + that function (a second dropdown, perhaps). I want to choose: Contacts that "Opened" but did not click the RSVP widget we used. For some reason, the segment "Did not click" does not cover RSVP activity, perhaps b/c other things are clickable in the email (like the header or footer). The un-captured contacts must have clicked something in the email, but did not RSVP. This is perhaps an oversight in how the RSVP widget functions with segments — however a VERY important one if our firm wants to use this for client outreach. Thankfully this was internal, but would have been a nightmare if dealing with 1000's of contacts. I wouldn't want to create a new user list just for the un-captured RSVP'ers.

DavidK9631
Brand Visionary
Hello, I would be incredibly useful, and easy for you to implement, adding an AND and ISNOT (!=) operators to the segment constructor. Right now you only have an OR operator. I can do a lot with segments if you add these. As it stands, not very helpful. Also add more Actions to segment creation. I'd like unsubscribed as an action as example.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More