Constant Contact Tools
Talk to your peers, share tips, and connect with us about our email,
event, survey and local deal standalone tools.

A way to personalize? (ie mail merge)

Is there a way to send a postcard or newsletter to a large group of recipients, but have each message personalized with their name in the greeting?

Occasional Participant

Personalize Subject Lines

I have searched but haven't been able to find it the answer. I would like to personalize my welcome emails. How do I add a customers name in the subject line of my email?
Advisor

Personalize Subject Lines

While you may add personalization to the content of your campaigns, there is no way currently to personalize the subject line. This is because doing so may lead to an increase of spam complaints, as spammers are known for using personal data in the subject line of emails.

How can I add personalization to my email campaign?

I would like to add a Dear  <personal name>, to the beginning of my constant contact emails -- is there specific code I should use?
Occasional Participant

How can I add personalization to my email campaign?

Most templates already have it as part of the template. Make sure that you fill in first and last names in when you are entering contacts email addresses. Hope this is helpful.

Occasional Advisor

Custom Welcome Letter

I'm using the "Join My Mailing list" as a salesperson tool.  When they are out networking and meet someone, they come back and enter the contacts info.

I would like the welcome letter to be customized to each Salesperson.

I have no idea how to obtain the field names from the join my mailing list.

Thoughts?
Valued Contributor

Custom Welcome Letter

When you are creating your Welcome Letter email, it is much the same as creating any email. When you are editing, there is a column on the left where you will find a drop down for Insert Contact Details. This will allow you to insert any of the fields from the Constant Contact database.

Occasional Advisor

Custom Welcome Letter

I haven't seen the column on th eleft that let's me use any of the fields from the contact database. I would think that such a column would but I don't see that.

Occasional Advisor

Custom Welcome Letter

In fact, I went back and tried again creating a brand new e-mail and it never gives me the option to use my custom fields (or any of the fields for that matter) The steps and options are as follows: Click on create e-mail Define e-mail name Select Template Emails: Message Settings (This contains the "Seubject, From name, from email, reply email, etc. stuff. Nothing here about using custom fields or any other fields from the contacts database.) Click on next This is where I view what the email looks like and in the left column I have 3 options: Add Blocks Global Colors & Fonts Advanced Features Nothing under any of those selections lets me add fields from the contacts database. So... did I miss it? Your help is MUCH appreciated.

Developer

Custom Welcome Letter

Sorry but you can't insert custom fields in the Welcome letter using the GUI. You might want to try using the Custom HTML option and insert custom fields by hand or rewrite the welcome letter in your own HTML and use what ever custom fields you want to use.