cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

A way to personalize? (ie mail merge)

A way to personalize? (ie mail merge)

Is there a way to send a postcard or newsletter to a large group of recipients, but have each message personalized with their name in the greeting?

172 REPLIES
Occasional Participant

Personalize Subject Lines

I have searched but haven't been able to find it the answer. I would like to personalize my welcome emails. How do I add a customers name in the subject line of my email?
Solution Provider

Personalize Subject Lines

While you may add personalization to the content of your campaigns, there is no way currently to personalize the subject line. This is because doing so may lead to an increase of spam complaints, as spammers are known for using personal data in the subject line of emails.

How can I add personalization to my email campaign?

I would like to add a Dear  <personal name>, to the beginning of my constant contact emails -- is there specific code I should use?
Occasional Participant

How can I add personalization to my email campaign?

Most templates already have it as part of the template. Make sure that you fill in first and last names in when you are entering contacts email addresses. Hope this is helpful.

Occasional Participant

Custom Fields Not Displaying

Sending an email that I want to display subscribers' names and two additional custom fields.

Created a test list and sent several times; they don't display.

What are some possible reasons for the fields not to display?

Using :
<Property name="Subscriber.FirstName" />

<Property name="Subscriber.FamilyName" />

<Property name="Subscriber.CustomText1" />

<Property name="Subscriber.CustomText2" />

TIA!
Valued Contributor

How can I sign in as an alternate user?

Are you using a template? If so, you should be adding the custom fields with the "Insert Contact Details" button on the left side of the page when you are editing your email.

Occasional Participant

I'm using my own code actually and want these details to appear in a table.

Contributing Developer

You need to use XHTML not HTML for Constant Contact tags to work.

Occasional Participant

Thanks, indeed the problem was not using xhtml. It's resolved now.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!