cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Autoresponder and existing email addresses

Occasional Contributor

Autoresponder and existing email addresses

I know that autoresponder doesn't let you send to any contacts that are already in another contact list.  Not sure why?  I have a list of users that may want to sign up for my Tip n tricks emails.  It would be very labor intensive to manually add each contact that signs up (autoresponder form) , place them in a new contact list, and manually set up a series of, let’s say, 6 emails.   And very exhaustive to have to repeat those steps each time an existing contact requests to be in that list.  How can I have API help with this function?

Thanks,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Autoresponder and existing email addresses

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback regarding our Autoresponder. Unfortunately, we don't have an API that can assist in what you would like to accomplish.

The Autoresponder as it works today, only lets you send to newly added contacts.  I will be happy to pass along your feedback.

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Michael,

Our API doesn't itself provide new functionality for a Constant Contact account, but provides the basic functions needed for a range of custom functionalities to be created by developers.

Our API is a RESTful service. It's only functions are to create, retrieve, update, and delete contacts, lists, campaigns, and campaign schedules (by permission only).  Using these basic functions, some developers have created applications that provide an autoresponder function, but this does require some development, and there is quite a bit of contact, list, and campaign data management that needs to be built into your application, since it would need to send out normal emails.

We have a website aimed at developers (Constant Contact Developer Website), where we have a range of resources, including API documentation, sample code, and a developer forum (much like this one), where those creating custom integrations can seek information/assistance.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!