Lincoln T

Create a mailing from RSS Feed?

We would like to build a campaign each week where the content of the email comes from the RSS Feed of our blogs.  There was some discussion of this last year indicating it was under consideration.  Is this likely to be developed?

Ideally this would have the following features:
1.  Enable us to select one or more RSS Feeds to include in the campaign.
2.  If there are multiple RSS Feeds, allow either combining them or keeping them separate in the campaign.
3.  Select what to include in campaign either by inclusive dates or number of posts from the RSS Feed.
4.  Allow us to specify how much of each post to include.
5.  Allow us to specify which elements in the RSS Feed such as author, date, time, etc. to include.

This is becoming an important feature for us as we look to re-purpose blog content in a semi-automated way.  We've seen some elements of this feature in other email marketing services and hope that CC will add it soon.

Thank you.
Occasional Participant
servantworker

People keep requesting this but the CC people remain silent.

greatoutdoorscompany

I am requesting it as well!

Muzeview Research

Lending our support for this important feature as well ... many other email marketing systems provide this. Why not ConstantContact? Enough of an issue to warrant us looking at alternative providers. I understand that (at a minimum) AWeber and MailChimp both have this functionality.

ysadan9

Any new comments on this topic? Looking to use this function as well and would love to find an easy solution to it. Anyone get any responses from CC on why it's not offered or if it's in the works?

seaninsanfelipe

This should be required by CC. This would streamline much of the work.

Occasional Participant
KentNutritionGroup

Re: Create a mailing from RSS Feed?

Amen. We've built our email campaigns around Constant Contact and would hate to go to MailChimp just for this feature...

Marissa_R
Topics: 436
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

We do have this feature now. It's the Blog Insert feature.

When you are editing a block in your email, choose the "Blog Content" option under Insert on the left

insert blog.png

Then you will be prompted to insert your "Feed/RSS URL" in the box.  Then hit "Retrieve" to pull in your content.

feed_rssfeedurl.png

Then you can choose to insert a snippet or your full post.

I hope that helps!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant
KentNutritionGroup

Thanks for the quick reply! 

That's a step in the right direction, and I can see how that would be useful, but I'm talking about the capability to have RSS feeds automatically sent to my chosen list daily/weekly/whatever. Or after I publish X number of posts.

Do you offer this, too?

Marissa_R
Topics: 436
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

Hi Kevin,

We don't offer an automatic sending. But that is a great idea and I will pass it on. Right now, we only offer it manually.

Thanks,

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!