Occasional Advisor
SteveP29432

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

Thanks, that solved the problem - accepted solution!

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

That's great!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant
LUZMOM

I have to agree with all of the other posts.  I have been using CC for quite some time and the formatting is horrible!  The spacing issue is ridiculous and aggravating!    As a matter of fact, I just send an e-mail out today and there is text missing.   The preview version was fine, however the final version that went out was missing words.    

In addition to the formatting; I've had problems with gaining access to my account, getting in touch with CS or trying to weed through the User Discussion / Community Forum.  It has been a struggle using this program; but as least I've found I'm not alone!

I hope CC looks to fix the formatting or it seems a lot of people will go to their competitors.

Jarrad_M

Hi Patti,

We're always working to improve the product and value your feedback. If there is a specific email you would like us to look at, please let me know. If we have your permission, we can access your account and take a look. We would need to know exactly what is wrong and the name of the email.

Generally, issues with text happen due to copy and paste. Clearing styles will usually correct this. If you're working from a copy of an email, adding new blocks will help.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant
LUZMOM

Yes, Jarrad.  There is a specific email I would like looked at.  What type of information do you need?

Jarrad_M

Hi,

If you could let me know what the name of the email is and what is wrong, we should be able to help.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Advisor
Chain_Reaction

I am so glad it's not just me! I've been going nuts over formatting issues, so much so that I've often resorted to creating images of what I want in Photoshop or Corel Draw and inserting them instead of text.

It would be wonderful if there was a way to create your email off-line, so that anything coming up oddly would at least do so instantly without delay. But better yet would be to adopt an industry-standard formatting, perhaps like Wordpress offers.

Seriously, why should it be any more difficult creating an email document in Constant Contact than Wordpress? Wordpress isn't perfect, but you quickly learn how it works and it behaves predictably.

Thanks-

Mike Jacoubowsky, Partner

Chain Reaction Bicycles

Occasional Advisor
SteveP29432

Jared fixed the problem in my email (duplicate tag in my greeting) but I hope CC is working on improving the system. Users are right when they say Word Press is way better. As a web designer, I design with Word Press, Drupal, and Joomla - each has their limitations, but from a user standpoint at least they are predictable once you learn the quirks.

To be fair, some CC features are great - the ability to play with CSS styles on the fly, the auto-creation of new text blocks, the ability to move these blocks around, the insertion of follow links, social media icons - none of the CMS's have all those features.

The main problem is code generation - mysterious appearance of <hr>'s, duplicate tags, and other mysteries. I'm guessing these problems must be hard to solve since they've persisted (and get worse).

Jarrad_M

Hi MIke,

If you'd like us to take a look at your email, please let us know if we have permission to access your account, what the name of the email is and what's wrong.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Advisor
Chain_Reaction

No problem looking at any of my posts, but what you'll see is the workaround I tried to come up with, not the problem that caused it. In a nutshell, what typically happens is that I'll try to change formatting (size or bold/normal) or maybe add or remove bullet points, and entire paragraphs might jump around (move from bottom to top) or simply disappear. You try to work on just one little thing and suddenly everything caves in on itself. And trying to format multiple pictures in a row... you want them all to line up at the top, but somehow there's something hidden in there that offsets them. If you dare try to remove a <cr> or whatever that shouldn't be there, uh-oh, bad things happen. The only safe way to fix things is often to go into HTML, but in some cases, CC just reinserts bad code back in.

I'm sure it doesn't help when all this happens with something you were trying to get out the day before yesterday. :smileyembarrassed:

Thanks-  Mike Jacoubowsky