cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Fed up with flaky composer interface.

Occasional Participant

Fed up with flaky composer interface.

As a longtime user, I am at the end of my rope. While I love the contat managment and reports, CC's email and survey-composer interfaces are slow, buggy, and very, very frustrating. 

1) The composer interface is really, really slow. I've used it now on a wide variety of connections and machines and with several different browsers, and it never gets any faster.

2) Saving something is a complete gamble: will it insert linebreaks? Will it preserve my links? Will it save at all?

3) WISIWYG failures: I backspace in the composer window and break a formatting tag. WHY?

4) At least with emails I can edit the HTML. Why isn't there the option in surveys?

5) Workflow is effed up. I have to "finish" a survey before I can edit the intro and thank-you pages?

6) Long urls mess up formatting. But CC swaps out URLs anyway. Why not just render them to shortened urls by defualt?

There are plenty of interesting and innovative features I could suggest, but f*ck, I spend HOURS and HOURS trying to get our newsletters to look professional, only to have it undone by a failed save.

Please, guys, can you either work on making the **bleep** interface more reliable, or make an offline / 3rd party tool that runs natively on the desktop? I've lost too much of my life to this already.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES

Re: Fed up with flaky composer interface.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the survey product. I understand that you have tried in several browsers, have you tried clearing your cache as well? This usually makes a difference in the speed, please give it a shot!

The greeting and closing page are editable before the survey is complete. To edit these first, you would need to choose a template and save it. You can then see all of the survey details where you will have the option to edit the survey itself or either page. You can always go back to edit the survey itself when you are ready.

I understand your frustrations and will be sure they are passed along. We are always looking to improve the survey product to include features and functions that customers are requesting so we do appreciate you taking the time to post here. 

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Hi, Hannah,

I know the greeting and closing pages are editable, but why would I have to click a button that says "finish" in order to edit the very first thing on the survey? Its small details like that that are driving me up the wall.

More to the point, while editing the greeting, I received a "your message exceeded the 2k character limit" for an opener that was 1.3k in length. While I immediately realized that it was html formatting tags that put me over the top, because there's no HTML editor in the survey composer, I was eventually forced to delete the whole openener and recompose it from scratch, because there was no direct way of cleaning up the code.

I spend most of my time, though, wading through the sluggish, buggy and unreliable email composer window. I appreciate some of the interface changes y'all made in the last revision, but your problems of reliability and stability remain. I have used your product for many years now, but I am seriously considering making the switch because of the vast amout of time and effort I have to expend making it work while looking professional.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the trouble you've been experiencing.

Survey is not designed to have editable CSS or HTML. I understand this may be frustrating and have passed on your feedback to our developers.

Is there a specific email that you're having trouble with? We'd be happy to take a look and see what we can do to help improve performance.

We're always making improvements to our products and have some great tweaks in the works for the future.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

Hi, Jarrad,

I don't want to dwell on the survey--I waste a lot more time on email, frainkly--but that's nuts. Why would the survey editor NOT allow me to edit HTML? The email editor displays the gory table layout.

But more to the point, why would it impose a character limit which includes tags, but then not let me edit the tags? It's this kind of stuff that's infuriating.

In terms of "is there a specific email"; no, I've been troubleshooting these emails for years now. My chief complaint is that they need so much troubleshooting. I am asking, with some urgency, that you make the interface less flaky and more responsive, because I would rather spend time with my family on the weekends, frankly, rather than spend it grappling with your service.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

The Greeting and Closing page of a survey does not look at your HTML as code, but rather as text and is included in the character limit.

Are you copying and pasting text into any of your blocks? If so, this can sometimes cause trouble with formatting. I'd suggest adding a new block to your email and clearing styles from that block when pasting text. You could also try pasting the text into Notepad.

If you're working from copies, you may want to consider creating a Master template to copy from. This template would have the layout you'd like to use but does does not have any edits made to the blocks. You would work from copies of this email. The reason being is that if you continually make copies to an email, coding and formatting can carry over each time you make a copy and can make it difficult to edit once the email has been continuously copied.

If you run into an issue when creating an email, please let us know so we can help either here in the Community or by calling 1-866-289-2101.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

While I appreciate your suggestion on setting up a Master template, and thanks by the way for the recent updates to the email composer, I am going to resort to begging: please, please, please take some resources to make a STABLE and QUICK offline composer.

It's gotten to the point I don't want to open the f*cking website anymore, because there's nothing but long load times and flaky formatting and saves.

Please. I beg you.

Hello,

Thanks again for your feedback on this. At this time we don't have plans for an offline editor but the idea has been sumitted on  your behalf.

I am glad to hear you like the newest changes, is there something specific that stands out?

Thanks,

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!