Advisor
getitinwritingPR

Join My Mailing List

Accepted Solution

Hate the way the Subject line is now an afterthought

Our agency sends out press releases as emails. Working with multiple clients, I tend to start with a copy of an existing email (as a template), then edit the content. 

Ever since the last couple of GUI updates, there's no way to edit the email subject line while editing the content of the email. I have to remember to save, exit and re-open the email to edit the subject line. This has resulted, more than once, in my sending out an email with a mismatched subject line.

PLEASE....give me back the ability to edit the subject line while I'm editing the email. 

Daniel Keller
Get It In Writing, Inc.
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: Hate the way the Subject line is now an afterthought

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback on the new email creation flow. I have logged your request.

To change the Subject line in your email:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > My Emails
  2. Find and click your email's name. The Schedule page displays. In the Email Settings section, the available fields are available for you to edit.
    • Subject line
    • From Name
    • From Email Address
    • Reply-to-Email Address
      Note: Click the plus icon plus icon to add another verified address. You can remove any email address that you have verified.
    • Send To Lists
  3. Make your necessary changes.
  4. Click Save.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Advisor
getitinwritingPR

Join My Mailing List

Thank you Jarrad, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear.

I know how to change the subject line. My point is that, if I'm creating a new email by starting with a copy of an existing email, there is no way to change the subject line of the new email without first exiting the new email, returning to the main screen, and THEN going through the steps you've outlined. 

Previously, it was possible to edit the subject line while I was working on the email...in fact, before I even started editing the copy. Now, I have to take the extra steps of going back to the main screen and following this scenario. Why?? It's just more work, more time consuming, and more chance of forgetting to do it. 

Please....give me back the option to edit my subject line WHILE I'm working on the email. Why is that so hard?

Daniel Keller
Get It In Writing, Inc.
CTCT Employee
Jayson_G

[ Edited ]

Hi Daniel,

I wanted to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you in the creation of your email as it adds an extra step for you by exiting the email to change the subject line when copying the email as opposed to letting you change it first so you can work uninterrupted. I've went ahead and submitted feedback on this feature for you as we do take feed back here at Constant Contact very seriously.

Sincerely,

Jayson Gonzalez

Community Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Frequent Visitor
KevinM193

Let me add my STRONG endorsement to this change request.

Our workflow on a cc email requires me to send a test message to other members of our marketing team.

Its very easy to forget to go to email settings, edit the subject line, hit save, then go to preview test.

While working on a new email design, it really would be helpful to have easier access to editing the subject line.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback. I have logged your request. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Advisor
getitinwritingPR

Join My Mailing List

Ugh....as if to prove my own point, I just did it again today. Edited a new post from one of my existing client templates, saved and sent a test copy to the client as an FYI. Ten minutes later client replies in all caps that "the subject line is wrong AGAIN." 

Come on guys....this change wasn't necessary, and all it does is cost me either wasted time or embarrassment. Please put things back the way they used to be.

Daniel Keller
Get It In Writing, Inc.
Occasional Visitor
JudithR11

I totally agree!!!  The workflow makes no sense.  I figured it was just something I was missing, but I am glad to know that it isn't.  Please change that back!!  Thanks for listening.

Judy

New Economy Social Media

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Sometimes all of us, in our efforts to grow, change and reinvent ourselves, need to remember that old saying, "Don't fix it if it's not broken." :smileyhappy:

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Advisor
getitinwritingPR

Join My Mailing List

So when will this finally be fixed? Really, with all due respect, it can't be that hard....

Daniel Keller
Get It In Writing, Inc.