cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

How Often Should I Email My Subscribers?

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Today I am going to talk about one of the most frequently asked questions in email marketing which is “How often should I send an email to my subscribers?”    

If you want to listen to today's edition please click on the following link:

The rule of thumb for most applications is about once a month.  But what it really depends upon is whether the content in the email is relevant.   

If the content of the newsletter is fresh and changes frequently, then weekly or bi-weekly publications would be in order and would serve the subscribers better than a monthly newsletter.   The trick is to have content that your subscribers are interested in reading.  The content must address the question  “What is in it for me?”

For example, here at JNG Associates, up until January of this year I published monthly newsletter.  Now I publish a monthly newsletter and by using “Social Campaigns” from Constant Contact I send  my subscribers an additional email describing  the “Special of the Month”,   such as the “January Jumpstart”.   No one felt they were being spammed because they were interested in the information contained in both publications.

I hope this presentation has been of help to you. 

Should you want more information or have questions, please feel free to send to me an email at jgrillo@jngassociates.com
or call me at 781-307-5258.

Joseph Grillo
781-307-5258
jgrillo@jngassociates.com
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How Often Should I Email My Subscribers?

Hi Joseph,

Great information, thanks for sharing! Interesting content is an excellent way to keep your contacts wanting your next email. It's also important to set the proper expectations for sending frequency--if you offer a monthly newsletter or a weekly highlight make sure you stick to that time-frame.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: How Often Should I Email My Subscribers?

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!