Solution Provider
AcumenKC

How-To: Adding Maps and "Add to Calendar" to emails

How can I add a "Map w/Directions" and"Add to Calendar" features to my emails?

It works with Invitations but I can't figure out how to make with work with an email.
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

[ Edited ]

Hi Thomas, We just released an update to our system which will allow you to easily add links to your next 5 events in your email marketing emails. For assistance with this, please view FAQ 5165 by copying and pasting this url into your account: http://conta.cc/eduF9P I hope this helps, Jarrad

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor
SaddlebredTrainer

[ Edited ]

what about the part of this question re: adding maps w/ directions?

Solution Provider
AcumenKC

[ Edited ]

Jarrad M, I don't want to have to create an event. This is part of a newsletter that goes out each week. I just want to be able to create an "Add to my calendar" so it will open Outlook with the date/time and populate the title of the invitation, etc. Then I want to add a small map to the location so it will open Google Maps (or MapQuest) and show the location with directions. All this works in Events, I just want to be able to make it work with an Email. Tom

Jarrad_M

[ Edited ]

Hi, You cannot currently add a calendar link to an Email Marketing newsletter. The functionality is currently only available for Event Marketing. Sorry for any inconvenience. There is a workaround for adding a Google Map to your Email Marketing newsletter but this an advanced topic and requires previous HTML knowledge. FAQ 3070 covers this topic and can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: http://conta.cc/gJ59MA I'm going to pass on your feedback to our product development team to see if we could implement these features in the future. Thanks, Jarrad

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Visitor
JeffY07848

Re: How-To: Adding Maps and "Add to Calendar" to emails

Jarrad,

Is there any coding workaround for those of us who ARE HTML proficient RE: "Add to My Calendar" functuionality?

I agree with previous customer that we have many events we do not want to set up an Event Marketing registration for - just the calendar link.

Would love a code snippet if you have one, or some other workaround.

Occasional Visitor
UNREXS

Yes, we want to be able to add an "Add to Calendar" link to our monthly newsletter, when promoting something like an open house. We do not want to have to set up an event. Constant Contact developers  -  please, pretty please? 

Jarrad_M

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. This is something that is currently under review. As we get more information, I'll let everyone know.

There is not currently an HTML workaround for this. I'm sorry for the late reply.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Visitor
ClaudeB78028

Ditto the request to please add "Add to Calendar" functionality to the e-mail section. 

Visitor
JodyS6

I have done "Add to Calendar" by creating an event in Outlook, saving it as an .ics file, then uploading it to our website and adding "Add to Calendar" to my email and linking it to this page.  It's a pain, but works.

Gail