cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

How can I make a PDF from my e-mail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured this out a while back, but now I can't recall what I did.  It was kind of an unconventional method.  I want to post the newsletter archives on my web site.  Thanks for your help.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mean a LINK. I mean I want to take my e-mail newsletter itself and convert it to a PDF. Thanks for any advice. Like I said, there was a kind of convoluted fix to do this but I've forgotten what to do.

Valued Contributor

There are several programs to create PDF files. I use Primo P'DF a free program that allows you to create a PDF from anything you can print.

Contributing Developer

Some caveats: (insert paragraph here) If you look on the preview screen you will see an option to "View printable version". If you select that you will see a version that you could print to PDF (if you have a PDF driver configured). The issue I have run across is that the printed version will include the name of the file and the URL to the preview in the upper part of the page. Why they do this I have no idea, if it was omitted you really would have a printable document. (example not included because this forum software does not allow it). This may be less than acceptable to you. (insert paragraph here) The way that I have gotten around this is to use the "View print sample" and made a screen capture of the portion I wanted and saved it as a graphic file. Then I inserted the graphic file in word, scaled it, added to it and then printed to a PDF file.(insert paragraph here) I use a product that allows you to create and even edit the PDF called PDF Gold. http://www.pdfwizard.com

Occasional Participant

I believe you can omit the URL and date from the top via your browser's print settings. I also remember a convoluted way that involved going into the html and removing a portion to strip out the junk at the bottom of the newsletter. Seems to have disappeared from CC forums.
Regular Advisor

of course, you can also just add Email Archive to your account for $5/mo. All archived emails will have the header/footer information and personalization removed. CC will host the files as well as an Archive Homepage. You can either link to the homepage or the individual emails from your website.
Honored Contributor
Moved:

Re: How can I make a PDF from my e-mail?

This post has been marked as abuse by another Community Member.

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Hannah M.