cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

How do I control line break in Email

All Star

I consistently have problems with formatting line breaks between paragraphs.  The editor is not a true wysiwyg.  I end up going into html and usually deleting one or more div's and &nbsps and then entering one more <br>'s.  Even when you use preview it does not show correctly.  You must send a preview email to see how it will really look.  Any suggestions?
1 REPLY
Valued Contributor

I have found that reusing and heavily editing and email seems to cause more problems. Also, when changing font, color, size, etc. be carefull to limit your selection to just the text you want to change, and not images or even spaces before or after. It is always a good idea to sent a preview and check it carefully. Email clients vary so there is no assurance that it will look the same for every recipient. It is also a good idea to turn on the "Webpage Version" in the "Email Message Settings". This is the option that will put "Having trouble viewing this email. Click here".

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!