cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

How do I maintain style, font, & alignments?

Highlighted

No matter what I do, I cannot maintain a logical and consistent flow of styles, fonts, and alignment in my weekly newsletters. For example, I will have a heading in 12pt. verdana, centered. The next line should be 8pt. Verdana, left-aligned. But it almost never works. I can spend hours just trying to apply alignments from one paragraph to the next, and even then somtimes it just doesn't work. I have been doing web pages for years, and I know intermediate HTML coding. But I cannot get the hang of this program. Can someone help?
5 REPLIES
Occasional Participant

just stay calm and don't get too exasperated, as was my (in)experience, and try the chat support. the people in there are knowledgable and accommodating, and have helped me with my 'global' snafus several times. good luck!
Participant

Since my first email, I have just copied the last email into the next one and then edited it from there. I haven't had too much trouble with formatting but then I used Arial 12 throughout so it is pretty simple.
Advisor

It all boils down to their editor being at best sub-par. Actually it's a piece of _ _ _ _.
Occasional Contributor

I think this issue is related to CSS more than the editor. I get this issue when designing in other online editors (other than Constant Contact) and therefore I've had to teach myself to use CSS (rather rudimentary CSS, mind you). I don't recommend that unless you know html, but if you do, you could go into the html and edit there. That said, however, it would be much easier if there was a graphical interface to let you select the styles you want (similar to the way MS Word displays styles) instead of having to scan through lines of code and have to design in a non-visual way on a tight schedule, which most people don't have time to do.

Thank you all for your responses. It turns out to be largely a matter of Operating System and Browser. By switching from Windows XP and Firefox, to Safari on a Mac using OSX, I am able to almost completely eliminate the problem. It has to do with the way the different browsers handle coding for line breaks, fonts, and styles. At least, that is my conclusion, somehwat backed up by support at CC. Anyway, thanks to all. Happy New Year!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!