cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

How often to email without losing subscribers

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

How often to email without losing subscribers

I'm looking for a nice middle ground where I'm staying in contact with my subscibers often but not so often that I'm being annoying and losing subscibers. Anybody have a good rule of thumb?

4 REPLIES 4
Regular Advisor

Re: How often to email without losing subscribers

It's probably relevant to what you do Sarah but we don't send them anymore than twice a month. Sometimes one or two extra at Christmas time since that's peak season in the gift market. 

I'm always amazed at these companies that send one each day. I don't see how they keep them on their list unless they're offering tremendous sales on a regular basis. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Solution Provider

Because of the nature of your business, I believe you can safely email at least twice per month.

I assume your inventory is constantly changing and your email community/tribe will want to be the first to know.  And I suspect they want to and expect to hear from you often.

You'll want to let your new subscribers know what to expect as soon as they sign up to receive your emails - i.e. how often they will receive emails, the content of your emails, [i.e. if they'll receive special discounts, etc.] You can let them know what to expect whether they sign up at your boutique or via your website. You can add that text to the welcome email. Setting expectations from the get-go will reduce the number of unsubscribers.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Holly

Holly Anthony
Holly@OfficeMoxie.com
Constant Contact Solutions Provider/Expert
http://www.Facebook.com/OfficeMoxie
Occasional Contributor

Duluth Trading is one of the best online stores when it comes to marketing, and they send daily, and sometimes more.

one sales expert said to send as much as needed, if the customers don't like it, they were never interested in the first place.

I send weekly newsletters, and I wish my favorite stores send me daily.

Honored Contributor

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post.