pchildress

I have a url to am image. It is my entire email, there is no html. can't i simply insert this image link in the advanced editor to display my email?

vv
Regular Advisor
Procrastinator

I have a url to am image. It is my entire email, there is no html. can't i simply insert this image link in the advanced editor to display my email?

Emails are HTML. Displaying an image requires the HTML tag for an image in order for it to be displayed. You could use any template, delete all the blocks but one, and delete everything from the block and insert your image. However, this is not a good idea. It is a technique used by spammers and gets caught in lots of spam filters.
Clique_Marketing
Topics: 13
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

Paul, There are a few ways to make what you are trying to do more palatable and some things you will need to add to your code to handle the fact that many folks will not see your image. Slicing the image up into a table and placing fall back text in each area is really something you need to consider. That sort of technique usually works best with "house lists" and groups of folks that are experienced in receiving your email. In many cases such as Radio Shack, Borders, Amazon they use that technique very successfully. You will get a poor score on the SPAM test, but I suggest you send one and get a feel for "YOUR REAL SCORE". TEST TEST TEST Regards, Tony