Regular Visitor
ChrisL890

Image Map URL Tracking & Custom Field List Filtering

Hello,

There are two functionality problems I have come across that I am astounded were not part of the Constant Contact system. For a email marketing program that claims to be so advanced and easy these should not still be limitations:

• Tracking URLs in Image Maps: Any decent email marketer today uses image maps to create links within images. I talked to tier 2 support about why this is not possible today and their answer was: ..."they mess with our tracking and throw it off". They had no other workaround other than to create a separate image for every link we have in our email.
  • I had a custom field in one of my lists which was D.O.B (we send emails to customers during the month of their birthday). There was no way to filter the list by D.O.B and as a result I had to create 12 lists for every month of the year.

Are there any solutions to these problems in place? Or are they at least something that CC are looking at and working on?

James Gibbins

CTCT Employee
Jayson_G

Re: Image Map URL Tracking & Custom Field List Filtering

Hi James,

I wanted to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We have had reports of this before from other users about these limitations and it is something we are aware. At this time we don't have workarounds for these limitations however I would be more than happy to submit feedback on your behalf for this issue to our engineering team if you would like? With more feedback about the issue it could be something that is considered for a future release. Again I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Sincerely

Jayson Gonzalez

Community Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!