Occasional Participant
EmilyN83658

Is there a way to create folders for email campaigns?

I really like how I can create folders for images and documents, and would like to do the same for my email campaigns.  I run several campaigns throughout the year for events that take place several times a year.  While I can sort by name, it would make it a lot more convenient if I could keep all the email campaigns organized within folders.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: Is there a way to create folders for email campaigns?

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the feedback. This has been requested before and having some sort of organizational feature is in our plan for 2012, though sometimes features do get push backed. We'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Frequent Visitor
Lesley21

I second this request!  My emails are getting very difficult to search through and I need to be able to organize with folders!

Visitor
BonitaV

On behalf of my client in whose account I work, being able to create folders would be a HUGE win and extremely helpful. We do our best to use naming conventions to make it a little easier to find emails by sorting, but having folders would be really, really helpful - for emails and for images/other assets.  Thanks for considering.  Hope this improvement doesn't get squeezed off the table for 2012.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have no new information on this feature though it's status is still planned for 2012.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Frequent Visitor
AlexandraO

I too am looking for a way to do this, or at least to search conveniently through my old emails. I'd also LOVE to be able to sort them, archive them, and be able to look through them sorted by which lists they were sent to.

For example, I have a regular alert that goes out to a small section of my contacts. It's the most frequently sent email so we have hundreds of them. They are never used again. I'd love to just file them away so I don't have to weed through them every time I'm looking for an old email.

Hannah_M
Topics: 201

Hi,

Thanks for adding your feedback to this idea. I know this is something we have collected lots of feedback on and is something we are working to develop for the future.

I know that this is not ideal but to prevent yourself from having to sort through all of the pages of emails for the ones you use frequently, a workaround is to change the name of the email to start with "a" or "1". When you view your list of emails, all you would need to do is click the header "Email Name" to sort. The emails you have edited will appear first.

I have passed along your feedback on this.

Thanks again,

Hannah McClure
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Visitor
LoriH317

any update on the progress of this for implementation in 2012?

Hannah_M
Topics: 201

Hi,

Thanks for adding your thoughts. This is something that we have started working on in order to make it part of Email Marketing as soon as possible but I do not have an exact time frame. We do recognize the importance and popularity of such a feature so thank you for your feedback and patience. 

Hannah McClure
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor
Lesley21

This feature can't come fast enough for me!