cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Limit Account User Access?

SOLVED
Advisor

Limit Account User Access?

I love that we now have the ability to add different Account Users. My biggest hangup with it though, is that I don't want all account users to have the same access as me. I would like to be able to add an account user and only allow them acces to certain email lists. Is something like that ever going to happen?

12 REPLIES 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Limit Account User Access?

I didn't even know we could have multiple users?  Why are there updates/upgrades happening to your product and your users (9+ year user here!) don't even know about them?

Hi Grace,

Thanks for this feedback! We're working on more permissions for the future based on the ideas being shared so please keep them coming!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Hi Chris,

I apologize for the confusion. Having multiple users is new to all account and hasn't been communicated loudly as we're working on even more updates to it. If you want to check it out or add users to your account click My Account >Manage Users. 

Here is a post I wrote about What An Account User Can/Can't Do and here is one with some FAQ's on MultiUser.

Thanks,

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Advisor

Thanks Hannah!

Hi Hannah,

Would you be able to advise of any timeframe regarding permissions development? We had a major user error which made it pretty clear, unfortunately, that we need to be able to grant levels of access/set permissions.  My organization may have to leave Constant Contact for another product that offers user access features though we don't really want to.  Thanks for any information that you may be able to provide.

Vanvisa

Honored Contributor

Hello @LelandE , 

We do not currently have a time-frame of when this will be available to Constant Contact accounts.  When we have more information we can post here; however, I do not know when that information will be coming. 

Our company will also be leaving Constant Contact shortly **Removed by Moderator** due to lack of User Permissions / Limiting user access.... we don't want employees to be able to download the mailing list.

Is there any update on this? We would like to be able to manage our volunteer program mailing lists through Constant Contact, allowing our volunteer leaders to email their groups quickly and easily. However, it seems that all account users have access to the entire contact library and all mailing lists, which is unacceptable.

Is there any possibility that Constant Contact will add limited user roles in the future - users who only have access to specific mailing lists? Please respond. Additionally, if this is NOT going to be possible (soon!) through Constant Contact, any recommendations for alternative mailing lists/methods to achieve the same result would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Hi All,

The ability to control user roles is coming very soon! You, as the account owner, will be able to assign roles based on the actions you would like them to take. I can't share an exact timeframe right now but as soon as we can we will share an update.

Thanks,

Hannah M.