Regular Advisor
kinetica

Login Change

The login we've been using for a while now worked great - I was able to get my browser to save my login info and just click twice and I was in.  Today I go to login and of course the layout is different and now I'm unable to have my browser save my login info.  

The problem is if I make an error when logging in by hand my account is automatically locked and I'm forced to deal with email, etc just to get access back to my account.  Why must you continually change things that work just fine?

Why don't you work on issues that need fixed: spaces added randomly, changes not being saved like they should and maybe even design and offer your users some new templates?

RosalindM.
Topics: 46
Blog Posts: 17
Solutions: 7

Re: Login Change

Hi!

I was a little confused by the login myself today as I believed the intent was to have the name saved - and multiple names saved in log in so that those managing multiple accounts would benefit from the autopopulate features.  However, to enhance security on your account the password will not be saved.

I am working in IE 8 and it's not working for me.... I've let those working on the changes know of my difficulties here based on your post.  What browser are you using so that I can let the team know to test/fix that, please.

Your posts helped identify this issue, despite testing. So honestly - THANK YOU!

Rosalind Morville
Senior Social Support & Community Manager
Occasional Participant
AESPgh

The login on the previous edition of the site worked great and it made it quick to use. I can't be bothered with inputting all my log in creditionals manually, I need a save function to give me instant access. I don't usually have much time to get a campaign set with my busy schedule and I definitely don't have time to type in everything everytime.

Could you fix the html editior or iPad integration instead? At least don't downgrade the simple features that you already have. 

I hope this gets fixed because there are bigger design issues that need work done. 

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your feedback. We've noticed that this is related to Internet Explorer.  You can use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari as this is not happening with them. We're continuing to investigate. Hang in there!

Thank you!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
GelenaV

I, too just came here to complain about the login, thinking it was glitch. 

The previous login was good.  Now, I have 3 extra clicks just to login.  That is def'ly a waste of time for no apparent reason. In addition, the login itself is confusing since when you click into the space to login, it doesn't erase the pre-existing text until you start typing.  And because it refers to "your session expired" or something to that verbiage, I thought it was a tech error.

Some changes are nice, but honestly how can something that takes more time and effort be a good change?  I hope this is reverted back soon.

Thank you.

Regular Advisor
kinetica

I use Firefox 12.0.  I've  been using Firefox to access Constant Contact for nearly 7 yrs now.  With this latest update I can no longer login instantly to the three different accounts I access multiple times a day.  While its great the new login saves my login name, it does NOT save my password.  I am not happy with this at all!  Please either go back to the way it was or fix this so it saves my login info.

Thanks!

Occasional Participant
AESPgh

I am using the latest Chrome and it isn't letting me save the password through the browser or on the login field itself. As before mentioned, it is causing some issues. I don't think it is just Internet Explorer. 

RosalindM.
Topics: 46
Blog Posts: 17
Solutions: 7

[ Edited ]

We'll reconnect with the team today. Thanks for the updates. I want to let you know, the intention is not to make this harder, but rather to be more secure/offer greater security - which means the password will not be saved regardless of the browser. 

I'm sorry that this is causing issues and will be sure to share your opinions.

Jarrad has recommended Roboform to me several times because I ALWAYS forget my passwords. Perhaps this could help?

Rosalind Morville
Senior Social Support & Community Manager
Advisor
DeborahN7

Why was the login changed?  Before both my login and password could be autosaved into my browser and now I'm forced to enter both by hand each time I log in?  Because I was hitting a lower case instead of an upper case in my password by accident it took me 3 times to login!  Such a waste of time!  Please fix this or change it back!

Advisor
MotoringAlliance.com

Join My Mailing List

Why...really, was it broken, did it need to fixed.

Took something simple and easy to use and made it harder to user.

Is the dev team borded and looking for stuff to screw with?

BTW, I'm using Firefox, it used to save my login name, but now, no.

I need these extra steps why?

CC is getting frustrating to use.

2010, 2011, 2012 All Star Award Winner