Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: Continued issue with blocked addresses (Spam Cop) Am I the only one?

Hi Nathan,

I apologize for this trouble with your email's deliverability. A member of our Compliance Team will be contacting you regarding this.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and your business.

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Clique_Marketing
Topics: 13
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

I just had all my email to earthlink.net blocked.

About 50 subscribers.  :smileysad:

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the trouble with your contacts. There are currently two IP addresses that are having deliverability problems with Earthlink. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Please check this site for more information.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

JennyP15

Re: Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

I'm not sure if it's specifically SPAMCop, but I'm getting bounced from my university's domain (maine.edu). Could this be related? I have previously sent emails to this domain with no bounces with a blocked status.

RosalindM.
Topics: 46
Blog Posts: 17
Solutions: 7

Re: Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

Hi Jenny -

I looked into this (I was silly enough to let our morning Community support expert take a vacation day...) Unfortunately, maine.edu is on the list and currently we are not able to send to this domain.  Our team is working diligently to remove all of our IP addresses from this and working to resolve issues with our impacted customers. I apologize for the inconvenience.  Please let me know if there are things we can do to help you as we work to get this fixed.

Status Page

Ros

Rosalind Morville
Senior Social Support & Community Manager
Occasional Contributor
AlanA3

Unless *all* of your IP addresses are on the SpamCop list, why dont you just suspend sending from the addresses affected and queue mail on 'clean' addresses until the problem is resolved? Presumably you have access to more than one sending IP address?

In an earlier comment, it was noted that it was easy to resend to the affected recipients - sorry if I"m being a bit slow, but I dont see how - could you explain the steps necessary?

Thanks

Alan

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. While the suggestion you made is actually one I was curious about, in talking with our experts here they say that removing or suspending the affected IP addresses is not something that we can do – deactivating the IP addresses is not a best business practice because it is actually a tactic used by spammers.

We are still actively working to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, there is a delay between the the action we take and the de-listing of the IP addresses.

A workaround that may help is to segment those contacts who have bounced back into a new list. You can then copy your email and send the email to that list again. While we recognize this is not an immediate resolution to the problem, it will give you a second chance with these subscribers and will help you keep a close eye on the mail that is getting delivered and addresses where mail is not being delivered.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Participating Solution Provider
Cutty__Powers

Join My Mailing List

This is a great topic and I would share my take with others.

I have been providing email services for a lot of years and I would be cautious about those seeking to make a change (NO, I do not work for Constant Contact..)

The recipients, from the .edu to AOL are always changing their blacklists as they update/change THEIR spam software. It is, as you can tell from CC's responses, accurately described as a constant daily battle, with some things completely outside the ESP's control. What you want to look for is an ESP who has an active compliance team that will do the battle on your behalf.

I have seen other ESPs promise delivery only to see days later they are blacklisted and they will just move on to a new ISP (BAD idea as CC mentioned earlier in this thread)

I have had whole associations (like an .edu ) that reject 99% of emails as they are set up for intra-organization email, not commercial emails like we are sending through CC.

In the past I have moved clients around to try and get them delivered on to have the delivering ISPs get dropped one after the other.

Bottom line for me - I find it hard to believe any reputable ESP has a better delivery than another. Again, maybe for the first send when they create a new ISP, but after that your back to square one. Actually less when you figure the time and cost of trying to replicate the design so the recipient doesn't get confused and start up costs to change ESPs. 

Jim Lefkowitz
Cutty and Powers
Strategies, Technology and Creative Design
www.cuttypowers.com
Occasional Visitor
KeithK4

Yes, I appear to have the same problem.  I sent out a bulk email to our 6000 members and got 900+ blocked.   I freaked out a bit because the email was being blocked from members on our board of directors and it is critical that these emails get though. 

So to make matters worse I found out what Constant Contact said I should do when emails are being blocked and sent out 900+ from my personal email account telling my members their email was blocked and that they needed to contact their ISP to get this resolved.  I used the text that Constant Contact provided in their FAQ Answer ID 2050.  This of course resulted in a flurry of emails from my members who were very confused and frustrated. 

Then after a bit I decided to see if anyone else is having this same problem and I run across this post only to discover this is a known issue on Constant Contact side of things and not on my member side of things.  Had I known that Constant Contact was having IP Address with SPAM Cop I wouldn't have troubled all my members.  It really got a lot of people riled up in my organization.  It would have been nice if we could have received an alert from Constant Contact letting us know there are some issues going on. 

I have been a huge supporter and user of Constant Contact for a number of years and have been pleased with the product up until now.  I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Participating Solution Provider
Cutty__Powers

Join My Mailing List

AOL and Earhtlink are definiatley blocking Constant Contact's ISP at this time.....

Jim Lefkowitz
Cutty and Powers
Strategies, Technology and Creative Design
www.cuttypowers.com