Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

Hi,

I looked into this and while we are still having some trouble with Earthlink, any problems with AOL should be resolved. If you continue to have trouble with AOL, please let me know or give us a call at 1-866-289-2101.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participating Solution Provider
Cutty__Powers

Join My Mailing List

Re: Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

Ok. Need to correct my last post. Took another look at recent results and AOL is not being globally blocked. We are just seeing an inordinate amout of AOL recipients blocked, but not all.

It's probably for another thread, but AOL (Like Yahoo) prominielty didplay a "Block" icon, making it easy for recipients to block your email when they maybe meant to delete or ignore.

We try and keep the "Update Profile" link in the messahe header ABOVE the subscibe link to encourage recipients to change to a less frequent mailing.

Jim Lefkowitz
Cutty and Powers
Strategies, Technology and Creative Design
www.cuttypowers.com
Occasional Participant
debhig

When will this be resolved? All my RE/MAX and Keller Williams contacts have been blocked. We'll have to find another provider if this can't be resolved soon. My client sends to these offices around once a month.

Thanks.

Debbie Higgins

Four Seasons Virtual Assistance

Cutty__Powers

Join My Mailing List

Debbie:

About Keller Williams  (and this goes for other company-wide email domains)- I know from experience that Keller Williams has a BRUTAL SPAM blocker. Because they list their realtors emails on their websites, they are subject to a lot of "scraping" - that is, people acquiring emails addresses off the website without permission. We had approached their IT Dept directly about getting white-listed, but by the time we thought we were making progress, they changed SPAM programs and we were back to square one.

So what to do? Here's what we did, and it worked.

1. Segmented the Keller Williams into a separate list.

2. CALLED the agents and asked them to either ADD our sending domain as approved (sometimes this worked) or provide us with an alternative email address. (when we got this, it ALWAYS worked).

You should know we tried to send the Keller Williams list with 2 other ESPs, and got the same result, blocked.

Jim Lefkowitz
Cutty and Powers
www.cuttypowers.com
Occasional Participant
debhig

Thanks. I do segment my lists, so each Keller Williams office is separate. The problem seems to have been less when I sent an email last week, but still not totally fixed. I'm going to hang in for a while and see what happens on our next mailing.

I appreciate the suggestions!

Debbie

Cutty__Powers

Join My Mailing List

Debbie:

Great! 

Another great tip is to go to the SPAM blockers software website and learn a little bit about how they determine what is spam or not.

Constant Contact does a good job, but we can really help ourselves by "knowing the enemy"  

Jim Lefkowitz
Cutty and Powers
www.cuttypowers.com
Occasional Participant
debhig

Thanks again. You're advice is spot on and I'll be doing just that!

Advisor
MotoringAlliance.com

Join My Mailing List

Any updates on the SPAMCOP issue?

2010, 2011, 2012 All Star Award Winner
Cutty__Powers

Join My Mailing List

I do know our .aol's are now being delivered.....

Jim Lefkowitz
Cutty and Powers
www.cuttypowers.com
Advisor
MotoringAlliance.com

Join My Mailing List

I sorta answered my own question by sending out a newsletter yeaterday. The bounce level was much lower, back to about my normal rate even. 

I'm a little dismayed by the CC Complaince Dept. The rep that called me due to my original post assured me that a notice would go out to all when the issue was resolved. As we can see it did not, either that, or I was somehow skipped. 

2010, 2011, 2012 All Star Award Winner