Occasional Participant
SPARSNEWS

Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

I learned today by accident, that 162 email posts from our latest newsletter had been blocked by SPAM Cop. In other words, those individuals never received the post. I learned this information when I called support to find out why so many of my posts were blocked.

You can see this status here -  www.status.constantcontact.com

Email Delivery Several Constant Contact IP addresses are currently listed in the SpamCop Block List. This is affecting email delivery to a variety of domains. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

I was surprised there was no notice given to subscribers, since many of us do not check every single posting job. I am also very concerned this issue has been going on now for several days. The tech I spoke with did not know when it would be resolved. I am planning to release a newsletter early next week, but I am not going to do so if so many of my recipients cannot receive the post. In fact, although I am pleased with CC, I cannot continue to use the service if this issue is not solved early next week.

I suggest other subscribers check the last few news job reports to see if you experienced the same problem,

Paul Christensen, Executive Director

Society of Professional Audio Recording Services (SPARS)

paul@spars.com

Clique_Marketing
Topics: 14
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

Re: Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

[ Edited ]

This is the correct link:

http://status.constantcontact.com/

From looking over my own clients records it would appear that a large share are Cox, Bellsouth and AOL.

What did you find for your domains?

MJFjeff

Re: Newsletter recipients being blocked by SPAM Cop - Do you have the same problem?

I've been struggling with this problem since Tuesday, and it's come down to us having to search for another vendor.  We rely very heavily on Constant Contact for sending out e-mails and newsletters to our community every week, and right now I have four e-mails just sitting here waiting to be sent out because this problem has not been resolved.  I like how Constant Contact works, but I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed in the fact that this problem has not been resolved.  If it's not cleared up by the time I go into the office tomorrow we're going to have to go with one of the other options available.

Visitor
EricC50

Another of my clients uses iContact and we're having a worse problem over there with no resolution.

RosalindM.
Topics: 46
Blog Posts: 18
Solutions: 7

Hi all -

We are very sorry for the inconvenience the listings on the Spamcop blocklist have caused. Our ISP Relations and compliance teams have been working round the clock to determine the root cause.  The biggest problem is that even after taking care of the customers which caused the listing, we had to wait for the listings to "expire" on their own as this is the policy of the Spamcop blocklist.  We are also aware that once you are listed the tolerance threshold for being listed is lowered for a few days.  

As of this morning all of our mail servers have been delisted, but we are monitoring closely for possible re-listing.  Being listed on a blocklist such as this is something that can happen without warning to any major sender of mail.   We have been fortunate (and thankful to our compliance group) that we have not been listed by this particular blocklist for several years.  Our status page, has been updated to reflect this. 

None of the largest ISPs (like AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail) use this list to block mail, but we do know that several smaller ones do such as lycos, supanet.com, and excite.com.  If you think that some of the messages which bounced to your "blocked" bounce category were due to intermittent listings last week, you can re-send your message easily to those contacts today.  

I hope this helps!

Ros

Rosalind Morville
Senior Social Support & Community Manager
RonW08

We're going to dump constant contact for another vendor.

This has been going on for 3 years.

Occasional Participant
SPARSNEWS

Continued issue with blocked addresses (Spam Cop) Am I the only one?

For over a week now CC continues to have issues with Spam Cop blocking emails. I have sent two newsletters during this time and had 246 blocked the first time and last night, 111.

For some reason CC seems unable to effectively deal with this problem. The techs I spoke with were very cordial and even referred me to a management person, who also was very personable. However, they all tell me they are powerless to solve the problem on a consistent basis. I have also discovered, the problem is not new. So I wonder how many other times this has happened before and I never knew. Scary!

Although I have otherwise had positive experiences with CC, I am being forced to find an alternate newsletter provider. And in our case the switch will involve a refund, since I paid well in advance for our service.

I guess the lesson here is always keep your options open. The company you deal with is only as strong as its weakest link... and in this case, inconsistent delivery trumps features and ease of use.

Paul Christensen, Executive Director
Society of Professional Audio Recording Services (SPARS) www.spars.com
paul@spars.com

MJFjeff

Re: Continued issue with blocked addresses (Spam Cop) Am I the only one?

It worked for us for less than a week and now it's the same problem again.  I'm beyond frustrated.

Marissa_R
Topics: 437
Kudos: 213
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

Hi Shelly,

After doing some research, I have some good news. The trouble you are experiencing with your contacts bouncing is not related to the trouble in this post.  A rep will be reaching out to you shortly to help you get your list back on track.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
Marissa

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Advisor
MotoringAlliance.com

Join My Mailing List

I too have found out about this issue when I sent out a newsletter this morning. Imagine my surprise when normally I see a bounce rate at about 0.5% at most and today it is over 2%. I called support and was informed of the Spam Cop issue. The support person then sent me an email with a link to  My ISP or Spam filter is blocking Constant Contact mail. What can I do?

Well...it's not MY problem, how is this going to help me?

I've been a customer for about 2 years or so now and was even recognized as an All Star.

This issue is unacceptable. I pay a premium to use this service and right now ya'll are letting me down. Where do I apply for a discount for this month please. It is costing me sales as we introduced a new Tee Shirt in our newsletter today.

Color me disappointed in the service and the response to my issue.

2010, 2011, 2012 All Star Award Winner