Occasional Advisor
Foxtrot_Lady

Open rates down/click thru's up

After 2 years on CC; I seem to be noticing a slight decrease in my open rate -particularly on my monthly update which is the most comprehensive content - since earlier this year. yet my click-thru's seem to be on the  rise.  Any theories on this? And business is steady.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Open rates down/click thru's up

Hi Pam,

Have you made any changes to the time/day you are scheduling your email?

I'd suggest going back to your past emails that had higher open rates and see what time/day they were sent out. This can be a big factor in improving your open rate.

Check out this FAQ for more tips on improving open rates.

With Click Throughs, have you included more outside content in your newsletter? If so, that could explain why more contacts are clicking on links.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Contributing Solution Provider
Sumner

Join My Mailing List

You did not mention if your reports indicate whether it is the same people opening regularly, and therefore clicking the links or if the opens are sporadic.

Over time some subscribers may cease opening emails.

This can happen for a couple of reasons:
1.) They are no longer interested in the content

2.) They don't see the value in the content
3.) Their in-box have become overwhelmed with newsletters, and they act based on #1 or #2

4.) They are opening from a mobil device, or from a email client that doesn't download image and therefore the open is not registered.

On the other hand, some subscribers start clicking more links within the email because:
1.) They are interested in the content

2.) They see the value in the content

By evaluating the clicks report, you can see if someone clicked who isn't on your open report. You can then add another open.

Plus your evaluation can show what is interesting to your subscribers.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Occasional Advisor
Foxtrot_Lady

Thank you for the info. I feel my opens are pretty consistent fvs. sporadic, but am pleasantly surprised from time to time that a "stale" contact has opened.

To respond to this post and Jarrad's, I have been pretty consisent with scheduling the run on or about the same day and time, but I do see where I have been sending 3 messages/month occasionally vs. 2. This may have impacted  the open rate by sending too many- maybe one too many for the month. Thank you both for the feedback.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

I'm happy I could help!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!