Visitor
ScottS199
Accepted Solution

Posting to fan page instead of personal page in Facebook

We use CC for our company and every time we click to post an email promotion to Facebook, it automatically posts to my personal page instead of our company page. Can someone tell me how or where to change this? I do not see any settings.

Thank you!

Scott

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Posting to fan page instead of personal page in Facebook

Hi,

You can post your email to your Business Page by using our Simple Share feature. In order to use Simple Share your email's status must be Sent.

Once your email is Sent, click the Email Marketing tab. Click on the name of the email. On the right, under Delivery Date, you will see the Simple Share icon:

simpleshare.JPG

Once you click Simple Share you will be able to add your Business Page by clicking Add on the top right. Click the Facebook icon and and in the pop-up window, enter the login information for the page you want to connect with SimpleShare.

Once you're connected make sure that your Business Page has a check mark next to it by scrolling to the top left of the screen:

Simpleshare 2.JPG

Once you've confirmed your Business Page is checked, click the orange Publish button at the bottom of the screen.

For more info on this, check out these FAQs:

5278: Connecting my Facebook and Twitter accounts with Simple Share 

5251: Sharing sent emails on Facebook and Twitter 

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor
ScottS199

Thank you Jarrad!

Visitor
AlexandraE

Hi!

Can you please help: im trying to post the newsletter to our business facebook page, but when im trying to add the facebook account i keep getting:

Oops, there was a problem connecting with this page.

Please close this window and try again.

I have no problem with connection my personal page though, but that is of course not what we need.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi Alexandra,

Are you following these steps:

Simple Share can connect with and save only one of your Facebook accounts (a profile page and its business or fan pages) at a time.

To connect and save your Facebook account with Simple Share:

1. While following the steps to share an email, survey, or event on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, click the Simple Share button.
    Link Check
  2. When the Connect with Simple Share window appears, click the Facebook icon.
    Note
    If the Connect with Simple Share window does not display, click the "Add" link in the upper-right corner of the window.
  3. In the Facebook pop-up window, enter the login information for the Facebook account with the personal profile and pages you want to connect with Simple Share.
  4. Click Log In.
  5. In the Share on Facebook window, check the box for each profile or page you may want to share to from Constant Contact in the future.
    Note: When you use Simple Share, you can share to any or all of the Facebook pages you connect now.
  6. Click Continue.

If you continue to have trouble either let me know or call support at 1-866-289-2101.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

BillF065

I've tried to add my facebook page, but the only option I get is to use my personal account, and not my business page. Help?

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

HI Bill,

Are you an admin of your Facebook Page? It sounds like the admin settings are not set up correctly. Please make sure you are an admin and then you should be able to add your page. Let us know if you run into any trouble!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support