cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Problem Aligning Image

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Problem Aligning Image

Hi. Sorry if this topic has been addressed, but I did a search of the board and didn't see my exact problem. So here goes...

I'm trying to center-align a photo, which I thought would be simple, but I am only able to left-align or right-align it. I followed what I believe are the correct directions to A) In edit mode, remove the existing alignment by selecting Alignment ->Remove under the gear icon. Then, Select the image by clicking on it, and C) Center align it by using the Center Align icon on the toolbar.

When I follow these steps, nothing changes. A left-aligned image remains left-aligned, ditto w/right-aligned images.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Don't know if it matters, but I'm using a mac w/Firefox 12.0.

Thanks much.

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem Aligning Image

Hi Joseph,

Where you place your cursor is where your image will go.

What you can do is try this - Delete the image from the block. Click the center align icon to place your cursor in the middle of the block. Click to insert your image.

This should center the image for you.

I'm sorry you've been having trouble but this should help!

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Frequent Visitor

That did it. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Happy to help!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Visitor

Hello Jarrad,

Similar but different problem.  I'm trying to put a grid of images 3 across and 4 or 5 down.  All are 120x120, but they seem to have a mind of their own.  Sometimes they align correctly, then I insert another image and they all shuffle around, sometimes one on top of another, or random left, centre and right on different lines.  I can't seem to get the click and move working correctly, and the 'cog' doesn't always appear when it should.  

I'm using OS 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.7. but tried closing it down and editing using Firefox 17.0.1 and thet was even worse.

Any ideas, suggestions, doctors, etc, would be very appreciated.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. A good way to work through this would be to plug a table into the HTML to hold the imags in place. If you are not familair with code I am happy to put one in and show you how to use it moving forward.

As for the browsers, we are compatiable with both that you mentioned although we have found Firefox to be a little easier to work in overall. Once we get the images sorted out you will be able to test further if you would like.

Please let me know the name of the email you are currently working on and if I have permission to access your account.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Honored Contributor

This post thread is archived.  Content is saved for education; however, it will not be updated with new links or images.  If you need additional information please create a new post/message.  

Thanks,

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!