cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Quick Tip: Image Focused Emails

CTCT Employee

Quick Tip: Image Focused Emails

Image-centric emails can be pretty powerful, especially if you’ve taken the time to do them right. However, if you’ve been thinking about creating an email that has a single image as its highlight, here are a few things you may want to keep in mind!

Be Sure to Include Some Text

This is a big one. Most ISPs and filters have a healthy wariness of emails that are just an image and nothing else. Work some text into your email by adding a block or two to avoid being accidentally filtered. It’s worth it.

Don’t Forget the Image Description

Triple check and make sure you’ve got an image description on your image. An Image description is what shows up if your image is blocked by the email program so it’s best to cover your bases.

Polish Up Your Text Version

Don’t forget the readers who are viewing just the text version of your email! Jump in there and take the time to make sure it looks it’s best, too.

Optimize the Heck Out of That Puppy

You want your image to look crisp, clear and perfect. Take advantage of all the tricks for optimizing your image so it shines.

Keep these tips in mind and you can make sure your image focused email is well received by all of your readers.

Jaime McCall
Knowledge Base Writer
Constant Contact
2 REPLIES

Re: Quick Tip: Image Focused Emails

Hi Jaime! 

Adding in the image discription is a great idea since a lot of email clients block images by default. I've also found that it helps encourage people to download the images to see what the discription means. 

Thanks for sharing,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: Quick Tip: Image Focused Emails

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!