CTCT Employee
jmccall

Quick Tip: The Sky’s The Limit With Links

[ Edited ]

Not too long ago we talked about the different ways you can spice up your links. However, have you thought about spicing up what you actually link to? When you use a file hosting website (like Google Docs, MediaFire or Dropbox) you can host any number of different types of files online. That includes things like:

• Music
  • Podcasts
  • PowerPoint presentations

Once you have those files uploaded to the file hosting services you want, linking to them from your email is easy.

1. Get the URL for the file from the file hosting website.
    Note: Most of them offer it to you right after you upload your file.
  2. Log in to Constant Contact.
  3. Start editing your email.  
  4. Use the insert link option to add a text link using your URL, or make an image a clickable link.
  5. Click Save.

That’s all it takes to broaden your horizons and offer your readers something even more engaging.

Jaime McCall
Knowledge Base Writer
Constant Contact
StephenJ67

Re: Quick Tip: The Sky’s The Limit With Links

I have tried using dropbox, but the links get broken which means my images don't appear. Is there a trick to getting dropbox links to work properly? Thank you,

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Quick Tip: The Sky’s The Limit With Links

Hi,

We're not quite sure why your images are not displaying correctly. Please visit Dropbox's help site for assistance with this.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!