cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Quick Tips: Email Frequency

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Quick Tips: Email Frequency

When it comes to emails, absence does not make the heart grow fonder. In fact, absence usually makes the reader forget why they signed up for your list and often gets your email chucked into the delete bin! 

While you never want to spam your readers, staying on their radar while you provide great content is a huge part of keeping their interest. After all, it’s very easy to forget the value of a company’s emails if those emails are hardly around. So, here’s what you can do:

• Find out what works.  Every email list and customer group is different. Send out a survey to find out how often your contacts want to hear from you.

• Set expectations.  Let signups know right off the bat how often you are going to be emailing. You can put this information right in your welcome email if you like.

• Be consistent. Once you set those expectations, you should make every effort to keep them. If you say you're going to send weekly, then send weekly.

• Fill in the gaps.  New signups traditionally need a little bit more attention. If you typically send monthly, an autoresponder is a great way to send out an automatic mailing to give your new signups some special content.  That way you can keep them excited even if they have a four week wait for your next email.

Learning the right email frequency and then making it work for you is a great way to create higher open rates and more positive responses to your email. 

Jaime McCall
Knowledge Base Writer
Constant Contact
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Quick Tips: Email Frequency

Thanks for sharing, Jaime!

This is such a common question and so important to test out!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: Quick Tips: Email Frequency

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!