cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Sending emails LESS than 600 px wide

Occasional Contributor

Sending emails LESS than 600 px wide

Hi

In order for the emails to appear well on mobile phone screens and on the preview panes in AOL and MS Outlook, we want to send fluid width emails, where we specify width at 100% and a max-width of 550 px.

It's not working!  We talked to a tech support person yesterday and they indicated that templates defaults to 600 px so we abandoned the use of templates.  I am now trying to get an "own code" solution based on the above parameters.

I have the code developed but it is still defaulting to 600 px.  Can you help please?

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Sending emails LESS than 600 px wide

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

In theory you are able to change the width of email in the style sheet, for both custom coded and template styled emails. However,  these changes can be ignored when the email is sent.

From what I understand there's not much we can do about this, unfortunately.

If you could let me know what the name of the email you are working on is, I'd be happy to have a tier 2 rep take a look to see if there's anything we can do.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

Re: Sending emails LESS than 600 px wide

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post.