cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

URL links and a few questions to have answered while on trial

Occasional Visitor

URL links and a few questions to have answered while on trial

Hello,

I am currently on a free trial to test out CC. I have a couple of questions.

(1) When I look at the email I made and scroll over text and images that have links I get a lot of useless letters and numbers that make the link look unofficial instead of just the wwww.example.com that I would think it would show. How do I clean that up?

(2) Can you track people that have unsubscribed to your emails, and will this block all emails from the sender, or from the domain. ie. any emails that have @constantcontact.com at the end.

(3) which leads me to my next question, Are there certain names that get blocked regulaly... say I want to make an email just for sending out CC emails, like marketing@constantcontact.com. Are there certain names to avoid?

Thank you, Joel

2 REPLIES

Re: URL links and a few questions to have answered while on trial

Hi Joel,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Are you working in a custom email or a Constant Contact template? When you see the links you are describing, is it once you sent it to yourself? If so, what email client are you sending to. Please let me know the name of the email you are testing as well.

You can see a list of people who have unsubscribed from your emails. When someone opts out of your emails it only unsubscribes their email address, it does not effect any other addresses on the same domain. You can export the list of contacts for reference but you can't email them again, even outside Constant Contact.

Constant Contact will not mail to role addresses because they usually refer to distribution lists of contacts. Constant Contact requires that each contact subscribe on their own so we would not mail to info@, sales@,etc. Check out the full list of role addresses and how to remove them from your account.

Hope this helps, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: URL links and a few questions to have answered while on trial

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!